Profile Picture

Content manager issues

Posted By fisherd 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fisherd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi I apologise if this is a stupid question but I am unable to view any of my files in the Content Manager custom tab. My files are in png or jpg format and while I can search for the file I can't see in the custom tab window therefore can't use it. They just wont load. I can't find any information on what I am doing wrong??? Unsure Any help appreciated.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi fisherd,

Welcome to the Forum!! BigGrin

CTA reads the contents in "c:/users/public/public documents/reallusion" folder

The "Template" folder after that is the Reallusion side of props in your software

The "Custom" folder is the stuff you made / saved.

If your CTA directory is showing empty - it's because it's not looking at that folder, or nothing is installed in them. you may have erased them, relocated them, and you could probably do a search for *.ctActor file in your system to locate where they may be.

If the files are already in that folder and cta is not seeing them, then thats a local issue of your system not allowing the software to read the drive for security reasons, some firewalls with software protection can do that and limit access to any of your softwares / like a sandbox - or maybe even a bad install, because that's where the software is supposed to read since there is no way to alter that ( that i know of! )

I hope there's a solution somewhere in my rambling that helps! lol

Cheers! Smile

fisherd
fisherd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi thanks so much for your reply. I have tried tried uninstalling and reinstalling CTA but it has not fixed the issue. So on the Content Manager custom tab - you should be able to navigate to any folders where you have jpgs or pngs stored right? But my content manager custom tab is just grey - not shows up at all in that tab.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
No, the custom tab looks to a fixed location were characters, props, etc. are stored by CTA in its internal format.

Use the "Import Media" button on the left to use a normal browser like interface to browse anywhere in your system to find an image.
Once the image is selected it is imported into an internal CTA format and appears on the stage.
Then, from the stage, you can save (add) it to your "Custom" tab (still in the internal CTA format).
You can create sub directories in the "custom" tab but the "custom" tab location is always fixed.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic