Vmware and Windows 7

Posted By wizardmaster 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wizardmaster
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Ok my PC crashed and I have another PC that has Windows 7 with Vmware version 8. In trying to install Iclone 5.5 I have error .... Vmware is not supported.

Why is this so? It seems that there should be an upgrade or patch to at least allow the user to try to install. The PC has the proper resources but I do not see a logical reason this is not supported. Do you plan to offer this in the future or basically does that mean I have purchased a product that I cant use and out that money and I have to go and purchase an entire system?

Does anyone have a work around? I see people using Parallels but that doesnt help us Windows users.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hi..

iClone5 does not support VMware or Parallels or indeed any type of virtual machine software.

There is no plan to support these either I'm afraid. You will require a native Windows OS or Mac users can use Bootcamp to install a Windows OS alongside their native Mac OS.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic