Actor Character Building

Posted By gcshep 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Doe’s anyone know of a good Tutorial of how to bring in your own designed actor character and build on it I have put all moveable joints into sprites and still find it difficult to follow tutorials on YouTube plus I purchased the CTA training DVD plus I have the read manual a few times about six times now still not picked up on Actor building it seems to me you need to purchase templates to achieve.

I do a lot of work in Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro I find these programs a lot easier follow the whole idea of purchasing CTA was to speed up my workload.
Any help would be much appreciated.

George

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I find that a template of the character helps with the sizing and alignment of the body parts.
Import a complete image of your character as a prop, then in composer mode add it to the character and use it to size and position the body parts as you import them.
You can also make the template image semitransparent before importing if desired.
Placing cross hairs at the pivot points on the template makes for easy joint alignment.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

gcshep
gcshep
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

I import as a prop dragged it on to stage selected can only get in to Prop Composer then I to go Actor select image opens content manager but not able to add it ???.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Drag character template image onto stage, select as Prop.
"Save" prop to your custom content. (Select prop, click add {plus} button under Content Manager)
Place character (or black dummy character) on stage.
Take character to Composer Mode.
Select "Prop" from top menu.
Locate your template prop in right side custom content list.
Add to actor (drag to composer stage) and position/size.
Move template prop to bottom layer using layer tab.
Import character parts and position/align.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would like to take this opportunity and say a big thank you to Jeff for going out of his way by tutoring me on a one to one on Skype cheers Jeff. Tongue

Reading This Topic