Feeling Crazy Today

Posted By ergurney 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ergurney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)Veteran Member (542 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I acknowledge that the suggestion box is where good ideas go to die. I also know that any suggestions I might make have been made have been made by thousands before me over the years. Still, it's one of those days.

What I wish for is really simple. It's something that everybody else, and I mean everybody, has had for 20 years. To everybody but Reallusion, it's a no-brainer.

It's a Save button. A simple, one-click save button.

You thought I was going to say something wild and crazy, right? Or maybe you think a Save button IS wild and crazy.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
ergurney (6/18/2013)
I acknowledge that the suggestion box is where good ideas go to die.

Actually that is not really true at Reallusion. A large number of user suggested features do end up in our products.

With regards to the Save button, there is a one click Save button at the bottom of Content Manager. This allows saving of your characters, props, scenes etc. However to confuse everyone we call it ADD but it does the same thing. BigGrin

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Peter (RL) (6/20/2013)
ergurney (6/18/2013)
I acknowledge that the suggestion box is where good ideas go to die.

Actually that is not really true at Reallusion.A large number ofuser suggested features do end up in our products.

With regards to the Save button, there is a one click Save button at the bottom of Content Manager. This allows saving of your characters, props, scenes etc. However to confuse everyone we call it ADD but it does the same thing. BigGrin

If you do not have the item in question selected in the content manager, is creates a new item (project, character, head, etc...). If I have a item in the content manager loaded, I cannot just save it after a modification. I have to select it, hit the add button, confirm that I do want to overwrite, and then it saves. So it's not exactly the same thing.

Another issue is even if I select said item and save it (such as the project), and go to exit it still asks me to save, but it asks me t save the file, outside of the content manager. If I save before exiting, it'll create the file, but the specific item in the content manager will not be updated with this new saved version, unless I navigate to where CTA saves the actual project files, which is always a tedious PITA.
Edited
11 Years Ago by wizaerd

Reading This Topic