Profile Picture

IClone & 3DXchange 5.4: how to make a clean installation ?

Posted By RobertoColombo 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

IClone & 3DXchange 5.4: how to make a clean installation ?

Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello Forum & RL Staff,

finally back from a biz trip, I have downloaded all the new updates.
Question: how to make a clean install ?

From my RL account I have downloaded for iClone 5.4 Pro:

- IC5_PRO_Enu_Online.exe
- iC540_Enu_Full_Patch
- IC5_Enu_Resource_Pack

and for 3DXChange 5.4 Pro:

- ic3DXchange5pro_Enu_Full.exe
- 3DX540_Enu_Full_Patch.exe
- 3DX5_Character_Designer_Resource_for540.exe

Is there any other file to download ?
What is the suggested method to install the 5.4 versions ?
Unistall the current one and re-install everzything ?
In this case, shall I run the *_Patch.exe files too ?
If I uninstall the previous versions, what should I install again then?

Or should I simply run the *_Patch.exe files ?

I think it would be beneficial for everybody to highlight a clean flow: we all knows how "picky" is Windows when something is not properly installed...

Thanks
Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
The best way to it (I think, through experience) is to uninstall all and download the full installation files from your account including the bonus content.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
11 Years Ago by bluemidget666
wires
wires
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If possible I go for a "clean" install and use the latest available full installers rather than going through a bunch of patch updates.

First thing to do is to make a backup of your content, both custom and default/purchased. Next uninstall both iClone and 3DXchange using the RL uninstallers found under Programs->Reallusion.

This action will also remove all RL default content, it should in no way affect your custom and/or purchased content - but you have your backups just in case.Smile

Now is a good time to defrag your disc before doing a fresh install.

Install iClone 5.4 and 3DXchange 5.4 using the IC5_PRO_Enu_Online.exe and ic3DXchange5pro_Enu_Full.exe files downloaded from your account.

Next install the iClone Bonus pack and the IC50Bonus_G5_Outfit_Developer_Collection - for some reason the iClone installer always points you to the download for this pack even though it is installed.

Open iClone, have a look at what content you have. If everything went according to plan then you should now be a happy cloner.Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Thanks, Gerry, these are helpful instructions. I may actually do this myself, as I have some funny issues with 5.4.

One thing to add: remember to be connected to the internet when you uninstall in order to preserve your two installation seats.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks to everybody for the feedback.
Indeed, because I wanted to see the new 5.4 version in action, even before the answers I also went for a total uninstall, backing up all the Custom & Template folders (it costed me a lot of time to organize them...)
So far so good.
I still run the patch, which is not probably an usefulness thing to do... lacking clean instruction from RL (I always wondered why for every new patch we never get a clear installation procedure from them...)

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

moogaloonie
moogaloonie
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've downloaded two files, both have the same name:IC5_PRO_Enu_Online.

One is 379,954 KB, the other is 487,756. The smaller one is linked to on my member downloads page, but the larger one is on the patch downloads page. The smaller one is the 5.0 release, but it's not clear to me if the larger is the 5.51 version or if it is 5.4(?) and needs the two patches linked beside it.

I suppose I will be able to check version after install...
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
moogaloonie (12/1/2014)

One is 379,954 KB, the other is 487,756. The smaller one is linked to on my member downloads page, but the larger one is on the patch downloads page. The smaller one is the 5.0 release, but it's not clear to me if the larger is the 5.51 version or if it is 5.4(?) and needs the two patches linked beside it.

I can see this is confusing...Unsure

In your member account there are the original download links and the link Patch/Bonus. If you already have iClone installed then that is the link you want to use.

The larger file is the full 5.51 version. If you have already have a version of iClone installed, you would need to install the patches of which there are two: the 5.5 patch and then the 5.51 patch:

I hope this helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

moogaloonie
moogaloonie
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (12/1/2014)
moogaloonie (12/1/2014)

I can see this is confusing...Unsure

In your member account there are the original download links and the link Patch/Bonus. If you already have iClone installed then that is the link you want to use.

The larger file is the full 5.51 version. If you have already have a version of iClone installed, you would need to install the patches of which there are two: the 5.5 patch and then the 5.51 patch:

I hope this helps.

Yes, that was exactly what I wanted to know. I got sidetracked with other stuff since initially buying iClone 4 in 2011. iClone 6 brought me back. I've not tried the 5.x release at all yet, but am looking forward to it. Thank you.

Reading This Topic