Profile Picture

How to save a stage/actor/prop layout - to use in another project.

Posted By kirkshoe 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to save a stage/actor/prop layout - to use in another project.

Author
kirkshoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
My Act One project is done. I would like to save (capture) the stage layout at the end of Act One, of the actors, poses, background props & positions, so I can begin Act Two project with the exact same stage layout of actors, poses, background props & positions as the end of Act One. What is the easiest way to do this, without manually recreating the entire scene object by object?
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

kirkshoe (3/8/2013)
My Act One project is done. I would like to save (capture) the stage layout at the end of Act One, of the actors, poses, background props & positions, so I can begin Act Two project with the exact same stage layout of actors, poses, background props & positions as the end of Act One. What is the easiest way to do this, without manually recreating the entire scene object by object?

Save the scene as a "custom" project.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

kirkshoe
kirkshoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)Veteran Member (842 reputation)

I'm a Newbie so can you please tell me step by step how I would select the actors, poses, props, positions, background etc. as they appear together on the stage at the end of the project, and save it so that it could be loaded and used at the beginning of another project? (see screen capture below)

While on the last frame of the project I tried clicking the "Add" button in the Content Manager - Custom Scene Folder, and all it did was save the classroom background scene (floor - 3 walls - window) without everything else in the scene that I want included (all together) in one file.

kirkshoe
kirkshoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

sjonesdc (3/9/2013)

Save the scene as a "custom" project.

I tried going to the last frame of the project and clicking the +Plus sign when in the Content Manager - Custom Project Folder, as you suggested. It created a duplicate of the entire project. All I want to save is the setup in the last frame with the positions of actors, props, backgrounds, etc (with no animation) - Like a snapshot of one frame, that could be loaded as a new project.

Since no one else has replied in 5 days, I guess that what I am asking instructions for, is not possible in Crazy Talk Pro. It would be nice if there were paid Tech Support people in this Forum, who know the inside out of each Real Allusion Program, and would reply with the correct answers to users problems.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is no "easy" way to do what you want but try this:

For each actor or object that has moved:
Make sure that there a transform key in the last frame.
If not, select the object/actor, click on transform track, add key.
Next, delete everything from the first frame to the LastFrame-1 for that object/actor.
Move the transform key from the last frame to the first frame.

The key retains the position of the object/actor. Moving it to the first frame and deleting the rest effectively places the last position at the first frame. You might have to adjust and sprite swapping for the actors but that is easy enough.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic