Profile Picture

Winged horse

Posted By flashbry 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
flashbry
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi

I recently installed iClone 4.3 and have attached the wings to the horse.
Right clicking the horse offers fly forward and fly backward under the move menu but when I click them I get an error "Error adding move command".

I can add the wings to the human models and make them fly, surely it must be possible to make the horse fly too?

I can't even make them flap when attached to the horse...
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
flashbry (11/23/2012)
Hi

I recently installed iClone 4.3 and have attached the wings to the horse.
Right clicking the horse offers fly forward and fly backward under the move menu but when I click them I get an error "Error adding move command".

I can add the wings to the human models and make them fly, surely it must be possible to make the horse fly too?

I can't even make them flap when attached to the horse...

The Wings were actually an interactive prop that also told the character what to do (i.e. Lift legs, Stretch out arms, etc.), as well as tell the wings how to flap and move.

If you have 3dXchange, put the wings in and add the Wing Motions to it.
Idle
Fly Forward
Fly Backward
Fly Left
Etc.

Then save them as a new prop + animation. Make sure you add the Motions imported/used to the "Perform" portion for the wings in 3dXchange and then when you use them inside iClone they will work by right clicking on them and choosing a Perform function.

If you attach them to the Horse, and make the Horse Gallop, Run, Walk or Canter then time out the wing animations so you can make them appear to work properly.

The Horse can be told to follow a path (Normally -y Axis) and once you have it running around in circles, you can then place it on that path so it will go wherever that path leads. _OR_ you can just transform the horse from location to location along the timeline and then make a specific path you designed by highlighting and right-clicking on the transforms, to create the path...then you can shape the path to go up down around or through something..it is up to you. Too much detail?

The Wings were originally built using AML coding (which still functions), and now iClone is based on LUA script which has yet to be adapted to them, I'd imagine. The motions being sought after by the code will show as an error location where they do not exist (iClone5\Template) because they don't reside there...

For those that have iClone4, the motions can be moved or copied directly from that directory to the iClone5 motion folder, so the AML code will know where those motions are and find them successfully.

The code was built to lift a Human, not a Human Horse who has a different bone structure, therefore it will not actually lift them. There is a solution to that also, but I've been typing here long enough and my horse is getting tired. Smile

The Old motion directory was "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 4 Template\iClone Template\iAnimation\Wing"

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
12 Years Ago by Cricky
flashbry
flashbry
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks for your excellent answer, it is very helpful.
I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Cheers!
Smile

Reading This Topic