Sprite Based Facial Puppeteering, mapping to Face Puppeteering Panel

Posted By BlessedOriginals 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Sprite Based Facial Puppeteering, mapping to Face Puppeteering Panel

Author
BlessedOriginals
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi,

I'm gradually getting to grips with creating my own sprite based character. Essentially my end game is to map phonemes to my own custom mouth shapes so I can automate lip synching, and I'm pretty much there.

However, a lot of your templates have some movement of the actual mouth position relative to the face, so when I load a template and then use the sprite editor to replace the mouth parts everything works fine until I get into the Facial Puppeteering panel. If I load this and go into preview mode then move the mouse the absolute position of the mouth relative to the face changes with the mouse movement, and reducing the weight of the feature to zero doesn't seem to stop it moving.

I have no problem with this happening with the eyebrows and eyes, this works pretty well, but my mouth needs to remain locked in exactly the same place on the face at all times (it is not simply a blank cartoon canvas, I'm providing the movement via the artwork).

Is it possible to create an absolute position for a sprite relative to the face and lock it there? Or (as I suspect) am I trying to use a feature which is really only going to work for morph based characters?

Thanks

Rich
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Did you position each sprite?
You have to position each of the many sprites for an object (i.e. eyebrow, mouth, etc.) individually.

Did you set the pivot points (Green, Red, Yellow dots) correctly?
See the help file and look in "Customizing Your Actor with Character Composer | Modification | Locating the Pivots" section.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

BlessedOriginals
BlessedOriginals
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thanks Jeff,

That nailed it, literally....

Cheers

Rich

Reading This Topic