Profile Picture

How could I change from scene A to scene B in my animation with CTA?

Posted By torresroberto 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How could I change from scene A to scene B in my animation with CTA?

Author
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi, for my animation I have 2 different scenes ( A and B ) and I want to change smoothly from scene A to scene B, but I don't know how to do this.

I asked this question in CTA's YouTube channel and an user answered me that I should do 2 animations and link them both as if I was creating a movie, but I feel that that answer doesn't complies with the smoothness I'm looking for.

Is it possible in CTA to do this? Wink
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
I'm not sure what you mean by a smooth transition.
Do you want to fade from one scene to the other or just a cut?
If you could be more specific about what you are intending with the transition a better recommendation could be provided to achieve it.

Typically you would do two scenes as two different animations and using a video editor put the two together with whatever "transition" between the two that you want.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
You don't do this in CTA. Each individual CTA project file is a scene, so you'd render out two separate scenes, and edit them together into a movie in an external editor. As far as getting it smooth, depends on your skill level with a video editor.
torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

What I meant was moving from a scene to another one who was in the right, just like you would be walking from a building to another one.

It seems wizaerd has already answered my question, so I'll be following its advice.

Thanks
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
The camera view can be zoomed and panned during the animation if you are only moving from one area of a scene to another area of the same scene if that is what you need.

If the transition is to completely different scene then you would normally to do that with a movie editor.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Going from outside to inside could be a single scene, with the use of camera zooms and whatnot, and also depending on how you built your set...
torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I just recently did what I needed, I followed the instructions that was given here https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic92672-254-1.aspx

And I added my 20 different scenes in a single project, each scene adjacent to the right from the previous one.

BigGrin

Reading This Topic