MakeHuman

Posted By wendyluvscatz 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
no other paid software out side of Reallusion needed but there are eyeball issues

if I import the fbx into Carrara, there are clothes too but no shading domains.
I can create these and need to weld the mesh to have it all rigged inc the eyeballs but thought I would give it a go just using Autodesk FBX converter on the MakeHuman export.
yes you CAN get a nude mesh in with eye lid and brow opacity issues but the eyeball drift above the head is the real killer!
guess for "free" one would have to add Blender which has a MakeHuman import pipeline.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)

you can export it as 1 solid mesh right from makehuman.... I was just doing research on this yesterday trying to figure out how to add clothes for iclone.

you could probably export the eyes as props and reattach them - which would give you more advantage in animating too Smile

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.8K reputation)

my files inc iAvatar for those who would like them
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_LBYN9TC7lhS2Y3YXNILTJlTlE
if you ALWAYS wanted a nude guy without a penis and detached eyeballs floating above his head!!
it is redistributable so do what you like with it!
edit, yes I can fix and cloth him in Carrara
still working on an outfit
just sharing for those with other programs as it is interesting it works as is via fbx converter, many files do not.

Edited
12 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

with the default suit, I get a lot of poke through, even loosened as here

Photobucket this is him in iClone

I might try making my own clothes from the modified mesh but re-attached and weightpainted.

tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Wendy,

some time ago I also checcked whether Makehuman Avatars could be used in iClone. Have a look here at the GreenBlue Guy under "Spin me": https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic122242-175-5.aspx#bm124429

From what I've read in the forum they adjust the clothes in Blender. Unfortunately, I'm no Blender expert, so I simply used the old transparency trick (known from the legs problem in iClone).

--------------------------------------------------

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

tripfreak, I do not know enough German to follow that thread unfortunately,
Sw00000p no idea what a push modifier is, in Carrara or Daz studio I would fix it by using displacement in the render, iClone unfortunately does not do displacement.
I did enlarge it and used soft select to pull bits out, prob easier just to paint clothes on and attach collars, cuffs etc.
I made an outfit since but that too suffered pokethrough, I often fix this also by creating a new underlying shading domain on the figure and making bits invisible, or just make an opacity map.
Wonder why you cannot see the clothing mesh in 3dx5 or fbx converter but can in Carrara?

Reading This Topic