Where is the eyedropper?

Posted By tylerzambori 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tylerzambori
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm working through warlord's new book here, and on page 51 he does not
give instructions about where to find the eyedropper tool, merely says to
use it.

The official manual has no index, and I could not find it out by searching the forum.
Nor could I find an eyedropper tool by simply examining the Iclone interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

"I am not a senior anything."
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This image is from the online manual.

See the eyedropper near the top (in the greyed out section) to the right of the drop-down box, and to the left of the paint bucket?

- Keith
colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Screenshot:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

hi all,

Thanks - if I load a character and leave it selected, yes indeed I do get the material and texture settings, *and* the eyedropper.

The prop I'm working with in this exercise is the iprop beer can, and I don't see any material and texture settings, and hence no eyedropper.

Was it not meant to have any material and texture settings?

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
tylerzambori (4/27/2012)
hi all,

Thanks - if I load a character and leave it selected, yes indeed I do get the material and texture settings, *and* the eyedropper.

The prop I'm working with in this exercise is the iprop beer can, and I don't see any material and texture settings, and hence no eyedropper.

The Beer Can can be edited. The Eyedropper is available. Have you selected it in the Scene Manager?

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I get it now. You have to right-click on the beer can, then choose
"material." THEN you get to see the material and texture settings on
the right, along with the eyedropper.

Warlord! Grrr!

Thanks everyone.

colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
OK - I think I had the same problem. Do this:

1) Select Beer Can in Content Manager.

2) Select Link To.

3) Select the Deckhouse Railings

4) Select the Deckhouse Link Side Panel.

5) Select the Railings in the following Pop-Up.

6) Select Position.

7) De-Select Link to.

Beer Can will appear roughly where you wan it. Use The Gizmo Move/Rotate Tool, to postion it exactly.

You'll have a problem withy the Beer Can Take & Put Command. Look at my Warlord's Tutorial Thread & scroll down to the relevant Posts & Warlord's Tutorial Video re; how to do it. I Used Edit Motion Layer to get it exactly right, but very tricky. Warlord's Video Tut is the least tricky. 

ADDED - Cricky & I Posting at the same time.

tylerzambori (4/27/2012)
hi all,

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
12 Years Ago by colour
tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks everyone, I'm still working through it, and will be back with more
questions.

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
My apologies Tyler for not being clear. I'll try to remember these things in the future. Thanks to all that helped with this. It is very much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

colour (4/27/2012)
OK - I think I had the same problem. Do this:

2) Select Link To.

3) Select the Deckhouse Railings

4) Select the Deckhouse Link Side Panel.

5) Select the Railings in the following Pop-Up.

6) Select Position.

7) De-Select Link to.

Beer Can will appear roughly where you wan it. Use The Gizmo Move/Rotate Tool,to postion it exactly.

You'll have a problem withy the Beer Can Take & Put Command. Look at my Warlord's Tutorial Thread & scroll down to the relevant Posts & Warlord's Tutorial Video re; how to do it. I Used Edit Motion Layer to get it exactly right, but very tricky. Warlord's Video Tut is the least tricky.

ADDED- Cricky & I Posting at the same time.

Thanks colour, I got it. However I would add a bit even to your steps:

2. drag it into the scene.

3. Click on "pick parent." There is no eyedropper for this! Forget the eyedropper. As far as I can see, the eyedropper is not for selecting anything at all, it's for applying textures to stuff, and it's in a completely different section, and it won't help with putting any objects anywhere!
Neither will the selection box be of any help. No selection box. Forget it.

4. Click on deckhouse, in the scene manager on the left side.

5. Now select the beer can again, in the scene manager.

6. SEE that deckhouse is listed in the box by the word LINK,
under the Linkage section, under the modify panel on the right.

7. Select Link To, which is not labeled as such. It looks like a box with 3 dots in it, that is all.
it is placed to the right of the text entry box by "Link" under the Linkage Section.

8. When the "Link to Sub-Node" window comes up, click on the plus sign by: Accroot.

9. Then click on the plus sign by "Accroot_wholehousea." This will give you a list of all the parts of that danged house.

10. Scroll down to: 'Object34." Select it so that it is encompassed by a blue box.
(commentary: How would I ordinarily know what part to select? I don't think I would , and I don't think that eyedropper would help me here.)

11. Change "Align" from None to "position and rotation."

12. De-select "link to." I don't think it matters if you de-select "link-to" before or after you
re-position the beer can, does it?

NOW the beer can is in the exact same position as shown in the picture in the exercise.

13. Then you must rotate it and move it until it sits just right on that danged railing.

14. Save it because you don't want to do it again!

15. Why would anyone think the eyedropper can be used to place objects
into a scene?

16. Isn't there an easier way to place objects in a scene?

Colour, where is the warlord tutorial thread? I moved the beer can by eyeballing it.

Also, what is the Deckhouse Link Side Panel? I didn't see that.

Reading This Topic