Physics Toolbox Invention Contest

Posted By Bruce (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Hey everyone!

Reallusion is releasing a brand new pack that will be an essential part of every iClone animator’s toolbox in the future. It is not just a content pack, but a plug-in that opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for utilizing the physics engine in iClone. This new product is called the Physics Toolbox, and it provides a wide spectrum of amazing physics controls and mechanical structures that allow you to produce and customize your own ingenious inventions… from machines of war to helper robots… by utilizing various custom controls ranging from hinges and springs to turrets and tanks!

To help launch this new tool, Reallusion is announcing a big competition based around it. Your task? Get to work constructing your own custom designed machine to use in the iClone world. This is your chance to really push the envelope of your creativity and inventiveness, and win some great prizes while you’re at it! So, we are calling all tinkerers, all inventors and all mechanically-minded individuals to show us what you’ve got! There are tons of cool prizes to be awarded, so what are you waiting for? Get down and dirty with your Physics Toolbox now!

Get Physics Toolbox

Demo Video

Period: From 2012/03/26 to 2012/05/31

Submission Deadline: 2012/05/31 (11:59 p.m. EST)

Qualification: Forum Members who own iClone5 Standard or PRO

Submission Requirement:

- 1 Video link in YouTube

(About 1 min | The video should include the captured footages about the live manipulation of your machine and final render animation)

* Please post your video link in this forum with the name of your work in the subject.

- 1 iProject file

(The judges will live experience the power controls of your creation)

* Send your submitted project file to developer@reallusion.com with the subject, "Invention Contest Submission". Please leave the name of your work and your forum ID in this email.

Grading:

Creativity and Imagination40%

Control Ability 30%

Art Design 30%

Prizes for Winners:

iClone da points (USD1 = 100 points) Know more

1st Place (1 winner): 30000 points (USD 300)

2nd Place (2 winner): 20000 points (USD 200)

3rd Place (3 winner): 10000 points (USD 100)

Excellence Reward: 5000 points (USD 50)

* The winners will be selected by Reallusion team.

Reference Videos:

Training Resources:

Instruction Manual

Assembly Guide

Tutorial Videos

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Wow, this looks amazing and the possibilites are endless.  I love to tinker but then usually have to employ a tradesman to fix my tinkering Tongue  However this looks just too good to resist.

Nice one Reallusion!  

Shy Smile

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
"The video should include the captured footages about the live manipulation of your machine and final render animation"

Anyone got suggestions on software for "captured footage"? Cam Studio? FRAPS? Other?

I'm hoping to get my entry in before the deadline. Anyone else gunning for the brass ring?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
12 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I've used CamStudio in the past. It worked well for me and it's free.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
hyper cam has been really good to me - not hd capture but not horrible either ...small file sizes...good for game play captures ...working on 2 videos now from my betas from it......fraps is the best quality but the files are HD AVI ..superior quality but more often than not make your computer stutter if it's not up to par, defeats the purpose if you want HD smooth video caps . I like this one for capturing vj type footage for music videos - .fraps is the best looking one of them all. Plus it has automated screen cap so if you want to make a stop motion like capture ...ie - cap every 1 second.

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Cam Studio would not work for me. A codec moment methinks. Thanks for the tip about hypercam. That worked as I figured these types of things should. Heres hoping I can finish my entry by tomorrow.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Johnnie C
Johnnie C
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi!Everyone.
It is my wild fire monster.
I made by iclone5 physics toolbox plug in.Using tracks (tank A)
Hope you like it.
Johnnie Chen

Edited
12 Years Ago by johnny4mt
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here's my (first) entry. A Claas rotary mechanized rake. Big time baby!

Edited
12 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Hi Johnny

I don't have Physics ToolBox. However, I can see you put a lot of work into creating your entertaining Clip. Your instructions re; how you did it, are excellently presented.

Good luckSmile

johnny4mt (5/31/2012)
Hi!Everyone.
It is my wild fire monster.
I made by iclone5 physics toolbox plug in.Using tracks (tank A)
Hope you like it.
Johnnie Chen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Classy stuff, as usual, BizSmile

I bet you enjoyed playing with your virtual tractorWink

thebiz.movies (6/14/2012)
Here's my (first) entry. A Claas rotary mechanized rake. Big time baby!

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Reading This Topic