Import (and export) camera data to iCLone

Posted By Dreamcube017 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I was just thinking that this would be useful for doing some effects and things. Also good for adding characters to live action scenes.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

So I'm gonna go ahead and bump this.

This could be really useful.

Coudl camera data also be imported to iClone via FBX or .ma format?

PLEEEAAAASE!!!!???

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I did try the dumb idea of parenting a camera to a sphere primitive in Carrara and panning and dollying with that, then FBX exporting the keyframed sphere to use with the resulting video in the background.
It did not work very well.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hmm... )H HEY THOUGH!!

WHAT IFF... you copied the camera movement of the camera in Carrara to the sphere and then export the animation of just the sphere... Then you parent the camera in iClone to the sphere?

Would that work? I'll try that when I get home.

However I guess it has to share the same world space or at least units or something.

Still worth a shot though.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So after some tests, I realized that the Z and Y axis are reversed.

I tested in Cinema 4D. I parented a sphere to a camera and then did a simple animation of the camera moving and rotating.

The sphere in 3DXchange moved as it should, so a camera CFAN be parented to it... however, as stated, the Y and Z axis are reversed. At least they are in C4D. I'm not sure how to rotate the entire animation. I guess I could put the whole thing in a null and then rotate that.

I'll try something more complex like actual camera tracking data.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I tried to use it to bring over the light and camera movement of a background video I did in Carrara using spheres, iClone was just too different in how the lights work and the camera types.
But then I really do not know what I am doing.
I know others use voodoo and syntheyes but not in my area of expertise I am afraid.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was able to successfully get a camera track into C4D... and I can copy the camera movement to a sphere.

I brought the sphere into 3DX. Firstly, the animation is side ways, then I bring it into iClone and the animation is GONE... I don't know where it went... maybe I don't know how to export it the right way.

Someone please provide a tutorial... sw0000p or 3DX.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback. I have passed this to the iClone team to review.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bumping up. I wonder if this has been added?
Is there way to import or export camera animation and attributes to match other 3d software?
ingvarius
ingvarius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Anyone on this? I will purchase 3DXchange, just for one reason, being able to import / export camera motion
-Ingvar

Reading This Topic