Profile Picture

Any tips??

Posted By pphil 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Can anybody help out with this CTA file? The idea is to get one of the characters to pull the other's leg.... Don't seem to be able to get the girl's hand on the outside of the guys leg?? The movements have also turned out pretty lame - don't ask me how long it took to get this far...Crazy Needs to be a sharper, double pull action... Anyone any tips? Feel free to tweak the file attached and re-post - thanks
Attachments
pulling my leg.zip (39 views, 4.00 MB)
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I've attached a tweaked copy of your project.
The reason it was slow was that you had the transitions too far apart. All I did was slide them closer together which sped it up.

Unfortunately a character is either entirely in front of or behind any other object or character.
You can adjust the layering of the objects of the character but only relative to itself, not other characters.

To get the right arm/hand in front of the leg I:
- added a second Cherry character (copy of the original one) and removed all but the right arm.
- on the first Cherry character I removed the right arm.
- on the second Cherry character I moved the arm in the z direction to get it in front of the leg.
- I then animated the arm (second Cherry) to follow the first Cherry character and the leg.

I hope that helps some.

Jeff

Edit: I had spaces in the name which screwed up the download. Now Corrected.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
12 Years Ago by jlittle
pphil
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Thanks Jef,
Sounds like a vey useful workaround...
Haven't been able to open the zip you posted tho?? Windows couldn't recognize it and winzip wasn't much help either?? Any idea what it could be?
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
In my opinion, it is best to focus on the correct timing (see attachment) and not on the position of leg/hand... And to change shot in time (from medium long shot to close-up, for example). And then the problem can be circumvented. The audience did not notice anything, but will think that they have seen. Smile
Just my two cents Smile

--------
Igor

Attachments
pulling_my_leg-motion.zip (32 views, 1.00 MB)
Edited
12 Years Ago by kurzal
pphil
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Got it Jeff, thanks a lot. Works great to get more interactivity between the characters. I’ve checked out a few of your tutorials on YouTube in the meantime – really useful. Point taken about speed and timing Igor, thanks for the example - great extension on the foot, smart hand position and the recoil on Cherry's head give it a nice touch of realism. You guys make it look sooo easy… Wow I was trying to loop the whole sequence for a double leg pull, but don’t seem to be able to select tracks in the timeline or activate the loop button. Is there an easy way of doing this?
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I was trying to loop the whole sequence for a double leg pull, but don’t seem to be able to select tracks in the timeline or activate the loop button. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Just copy-paste desired keyframes (Body Transform sub-layer).

--------
Igor

Edited
12 Years Ago by kurzal
pphil
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thx Igor - I was trying to select the whole track, rather than ind keyframes - much easier!
Edited
12 Years Ago by pphil

Reading This Topic