The .Wav inside Iclone Where is it?

Posted By toby.f.cotrim 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toby.f.cotrim
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hey guys.
I have recorded some voice track inside Iclone5. I need to do some major changes in my scene.
It's a dialog between 2 characters. How can I retrieve each of the dialog track individually?
in order of a later repositioning of those tracks. Are the tracks that have been recorded with the recorder inside Iclone, kept some where in the system? (win7)?

Can someone help me in finding it?

Thanks in advance

Toby

Nato4Motion Vídeo Produtora
Brasil-São Paulow00t
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you have added vocals to your characters then you can find these by opening the Timeline, select your character, and choose Face. This will then show a track labelled Viseme.

If you then hit the little down arrow next to the word Viseme this will further display the Voice and Lips tracks. The actual voice file that is shown on the Viseme track can be moved and repositioned along the timeline as required.

You can also save any vocal scripts you have created in Content Manager for later use. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
The dialog files are part of the project file, so you'll have to get to them in a round-about way. There may be an easier method, but this is what I would do:

EDIT: well there is an easier way, see Peter's post above... However, if you need to change the timing within the dialog track, proceed as below..

Render an AVI video (can be low-res because you are only interested in the sound). If there are other sounds or music in your iClone project, make sure to mute those first (move the slider with music symbol at the bottom of the interface to the left).

Now load the file in the free VirtualDub and select File => Save WAV. This will give you an audio file of the video sound track. Unless your characters speak at the same time, you should be able to split the dialog, using a sound editor such as Audacity (also free).

If the dialog is overlapping, things get more complicated. Unfortunately there is no way to mute a character's dialog that I know of other than to delete the dialog completely. Make two copies of your project and delete the dialog of one of the characters. Then render out each project as described above and use VirtualDub to save as an audio file. This will give you two separate dialog files. Come to think of it, this might actually be easier.

If you can, it usually better to have your dialog files separate from the beginning. If you use TTS, you could use an application such as TextAloud to save the speech as audio file first. It will give you more flexibility. I usually do all the timing of the dialog in Audacity first, then import into iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
12 Years Ago by animagic
toby.f.cotrim
toby.f.cotrim
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)Veteran Member (995 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
OK. Thanks Peter and Animagic.
Actually, I know where the viseme is. I was looking for the sound archive inside the system, but now I understand that what has been recorded with Icone stays embedded within Iclone, is it right?
But I think the solution of Peter about saving a script file may suffice me as solution for what I need now. Animagic I like your solution too.
I would like to suggest for RL that it could have this kind of option to export the tracks individually for late post if one wishes it. Some straightforward way.
Again, thanks a lot, it was of a great help.

TobySmile

Nato4Motion Vídeo Produtora
Brasil-São Paulow00t
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
toby.f.cotrim (1/13/2012)
I would like to suggest for RL that it could have this kind of option to export the tracks individually for late post if one wishes it. Some straightforward way.

That would indeed be very useful. I usually keep the dialog to control lip-synching as dry (acoustically) as possible, which I why I keep it as separate audio right now for later tweaking.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Jayso
Jayso
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)Veteran Member (960 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, 
I think that my recorded audio signal is too low to appear as a waveform graphic. By defaut, the sound and visme tracks were not activated. I did this by selecting the drop down menu to the right of the my character name in the timeline and selected the checkbox to make them appear. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Jayso

Reading This Topic