Profile Picture

Need help getting started

Posted By Neophyte 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Neophyte
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)Senior Member (379 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Context: Crazy Talk 6.0
I'd like to create a 720p output project, but every time I import one of my heads.png as the model, the whole animation is limited to that smaller size! I.e. when I use the camera to move the animated head left or right, blank space appears on the right or left, respectively. This is hard to explain, but there has to be a way for the full 720p canvas to be visible while creating the animation not just at the end. If I import a background image, that image appears only within the confines of the space taken up by that original head model.

What am I missing?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
This is most likely just down to an aspect ratio problem.

For example if your working image is square and you want to export as HD which is widescreen then you will end up getting blank areas on either side of the square image.

There are ways to work around this. When you are exporting you can select Target Resolution - Crop and then frame the red box around your character to get the best fit. This will however crop out the top and bottom of your image as shown below.

It is always best to try and plan ahead if possible. If you know you want to export as a widescreen video then try to start your project with an image that is widescreen to start with. You can do this in any image editor, and if you also remove the background, you will not have to do this once in CrazyTalk.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic