Creating Movable Eyes for CTA using DrawPlus

Posted By jlittle 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
jlittle
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 47 minutes ago
Here is an instructional video I made on making movable eyes for CTA using DrawPlus x4/x5

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Good Demonstration and succinct in the direct process approach.. Nicely Done.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Excellent tutorial. Very nicely explained.

This will be very useful to other DrawPlus users so I'll pin this. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bg38
bg38
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hmmm, I'm following the video but my eyes don't move when I test them out in CTA. I must be skipping something minor. I've got the latest update for drawplus.
actually the software updated itself last night.

Photobucket
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Brilliant!

bg38
bg38
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
WooHoo!!!! I knew it was something simple!!BigGrin
I was working through the moving eye tutorial again and retraced my steps repeatedly ,all with the same, non moving eye results... That is until i noticed one tiny little thing I kept doing wrong.

When I would select layer 1 to copy /paste for the mask and top layer i was selecting the whole layer. WRONG.

I noticed I could select the individual objects in the layers, for example in layer one, the eye opening and key frame camera,
I tried it three more times, each with the same results. Remember if you have the same troubles I did, select only the one object in layer 1 to copy / paste or it WILL NOT WORKHehe

click the pic for the clip Smile

Photobucket
Edited
12 Years Ago by bg38
CreativeSoulTV
CreativeSoulTV
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks for this wonderful tutorial, it's easy to follow and I was wondering if you have used the software to create your own custom characters for CTA? I know there are white papers on doing it in Flash and Adobe Illustrator but can it work with other software. If it can I would love to see you do a tutorial on if when you have the time.

Thanks!

CreativeSoulTV.com • Video Maker • Cartoonist • Geek • Flawed Genius • Blogger • Tech Enthusiast • Apple Fan • Youtuber • Podcaster • Movie Lover! Cool Social: The Creative JournalCreativeSoulTVTwitter

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 47 minutes ago
CreativeSoulTV (3/15/2012)
... I was wondering if you have used the software to create your own custom characters for CTA?
 Yes I have.

... but can it work with other software.
Yes, you can use DrawPlus to create characters.

If it can I would love to see you do a tutorial on if when you have the time.
 I am working on one.

As a prelim to creating a character check out the tutorial "Character Anatomy 101" on my YouTube channel "CTAStepByStep".

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

CreativeSoulTV
CreativeSoulTV
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Jeff,
First off I want to say, "Thank You!" for creating the YouTube channel with some of the best step by step tutorials I've seen on CTA. I have watched the other videos on Youtube from Reallusion and own the CTA Training DVD which is good but not the best for beginners. You have a talent for teaching and making the software easy to learn and I look forward to more videos from you in the near future.

Here's my advice for anyone learning CTA:

Step 1. Read the manual (I know it's not fun but read it to understand the tools and software.)
Step 2. Search YouTube for Jeff's channel "CTASTEPBYSTEP" and watch all of his tutorials.
Step 3. Watch Reallusion YouTube and online tutorials (you will understand the workflow and software more.)
Step 4. Start playing with the software yourself!

Thanks again for your help and creating the great step by step tutorials, I hope someone at Reallusion see what you have done and hire you to create more fast!

CreativeSoulTV.com • Video Maker • Cartoonist • Geek • Flawed Genius • Blogger • Tech Enthusiast • Apple Fan • Youtuber • Podcaster • Movie Lover! Cool Social: The Creative JournalCreativeSoulTVTwitter

flatcap
flatcap
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)Veteran Member (994 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
CreativeSoulTV (3/16/2012)
Jeff,
First off I want to say, "Thank You!" for creating the YouTube channel with some of the best step by step tutorials I've seen on CTA. I have watched the other videos on Youtube from Reallusion and own the CTA Training DVD which is good but not the best for beginners. You have a talent for teaching and making the software easy to learn and I look forward to more videos from you in the near future.

Here's my advice for anyone learning CTA:

Step 1. Read the manual (I know it's not fun but read it to understand the tools and software.)
Step 2. Search YouTube for Jeff's channel "CTASTEPBYSTEP" and watch all of his tutorials.
Step 3. Watch Reallusion YouTube and online tutorials (you will understand the workflow and software more.)
Step 4. Start playing with the software yourself!

Thanks again for your help and creating the great step by step tutorials, I hope someone at Reallusion see what you have done and hire you to create more fast!

You have taken the words out of my mouth jeff is amazing at doing tutorials, he has renewed my interest in CTA. and i look forward to his next tutorial

master of the afternoon nap

Reading This Topic