Issues & Suggestions

Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
rampa (12/31/2016)
This beta does not yet export compatible iC7 content. That is written up in the introduction.

Never mind Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cfc327c9-cd97-49b5-8b40-9b3.jpeg

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by kevin.S
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
> deleted post <

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
7 Years Ago by grabiller
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Think I got the crash sloved

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by kevin.S
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

> deleted post <

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
7 Years Ago by grabiller
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
FYI...  I updated my write-up for Issue #1970:
http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Background-image-will-not-rotate-after-you-change-environment-image

Something finally dawned on me:   Image + Settings = Atmosphere

The "Sync Sky Image" gets un-checked when you change your Atmosphere (IBL background).  That's because that is the setting in all three Atmosphere options.  If you change Atmosphere, you will notice each one has a unique "Strength" setting.  That's what finally activated my brain.

Changing to a different IBL image by double-clicking on the image (or using the "Load" icon) will NOT UN-CHECK the Sync option.

It might be debatable, but I'm still going to call it a bug, since it leads to unexpected behavior, but I think the fix is to simply update the Atmospheres with Sync=On.  That should be easy for them to do.

(Sorry I was so scatter-brained on this Issue.  I've only been pulled away from my computer about 87 times so far today.)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/13dd87ee-8a3b-4e54-bff4-dc6a.jpg

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
grabiller (12/31/2016)
zeronimo (12/31/2016)
Delerna (12/31/2016)
press ctrl and forward slash to bring up the gizmo if memory serves me correctly. Hmmm maybe back slash. well one of the slashes I'm getting tired. End of day for me

on a french keybord (azerty) I have to press CTRL+Shift+Forward Slash to obtain the gizmo
it works with the default avatar and default background, but nothing move's.
As soon I load the base Female or change the default atmosphere and press Ctrl+Shift+Forward Slash the program crash.

On a french keyboard, you have to press CTRL+/ (from the Numeric Pad) in order to rotate the IBL.

CTRL+SHIFT+/ (main Keyboard) will act the same as SHIFT+/ (main Keyboard): It will rotate a Light (not the IBL).

In short, to rotate the IBL you have to use the "/" from the Numeric Pad.

@Grabiller Thank you. on a french keyboard CTRL+/ (numeric pad) and 'Sync Sky Image' checked works very well. 
You have to make a big gap with your fingers, but it's ok. Smile

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Issue: Keyboard operation for IBL Gizmo control

I'd like to confirm that I should change my keyboard.
My Keyboard: ELECOM USB full 106 Japanese keybord for Windows, key pitch is 19mm.

It is designed that by press and hold the [Ctrl] & [/] button (by left hand) for IBL gizmo to show up, and rotate it by mouse (at right hand).
The issue is that my thumb and pinkie distance is less than 17cm and the two buttons are located 20 cm apart.  
I confirmed the IBL Gizmo on the Model body, however both hands are needed, then not possible to rotate the Gizmo.

Unfortunately, My keyboard does not have second [Ctrl] key close to [/] key.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/31c9f274-9fbe-4a35-aa84-ee42.jpg

Does nobody have the same issue, or something wrong with my understadings?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hiro

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

A "simple" solution would be for us to have more capability to customize iClone keyboard shortcuts.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
justaviking (1/1/2017)
A "simple" solution would be for us to have more capability to customize iClone keyboard shortcuts.

+1

On a German keyboard the / is on the top of the 7 key and can only be accessed by pressing Shift. On the numeric key pad the / works without Shift, and Ctrl + / can be done without too much pain using the right side Ctrl key.

No matter, it would be nice to customize the shortcuts.  

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

SERIOUS ISSUE:

FeedBack Tracker #1974:  http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/DISPLACEMENT-channel-on-PBR-shader-is-inverted/#issue_comments

The short story is the Displacement channel is inverted.

I kept thinking something was a bit "off" when viewing some of the more textured materials.  This "studded leather" material finally revealed the issue.  The light on a raised surface should light up the top of the raised surface, not the bottom of it (assuming a normal "lights angled downward" setup).

I compared the behavior in Substance Player, and came to the conclusion that Reallusion's PBR shader has a flaw in how it handles the Displacement channel.

Here are a few pictures to look at...

How it looks (correctly) in Substance Player...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/de387fe7-7be4-4781-b86c-4190.jpg

How it looks in CC2 with the default setting for the Displacement channel...  Something looks a bit off...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/caf62250-9b55-453c-97e8-f605.jpg

How it looks in CC2 after reversing the Strength setting on the Displacement channel... that looks much better...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/33ebdfc7-0f1b-45c5-b36f-8c53.jpg

Reading This Topic