3DCOAT export mesh issue

Posted By mtakerkart 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I get this issue when exporting mesh from 3Dcoat 4.7 for morphing . No problem with sculptris. I didn't use symetry. Any Idea ?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/290271cf-5e16-4736-a248-a532.jpg
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
3d Coat is not the right Tool for create Morph Targets
Therefore I use primarily ZbrushCore for my morphs

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
yup 3dcoat does not preserve vertex order so you can't use it for morphing.  You need something that allows this ability to maintain vertex order.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for your replies. It's sad because previous 3Dcoat's version worked. Since the PBR release it brake the vertex order.
If I have a question to ask to their support , wich kind of question could I ask?  "Could you fix the vertex order issue to have the same when exporting? " Ermm
Sorry for my unknowledge...
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
mtakerkart (5/13/2017)
Thank you for your replies. It's sad because previous 3Dcoat's version worked. Since the PBR release it brake the vertex order.
If I have a question to ask to their support , wich kind of question could I ask?  "Could you fix the vertex order issue to have the same when exporting? " Ermm

You could ask the question in the French area of the 3D Coat Forum. It's not very active, but there is at least one French user posting information about the 4.7 versions as they are released.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi mtakerkart
Not sure what version of 3dcoat you are using.
I am using version 4.7.06 with this version I can export pbr textures and also create morph targets for cc2 which work.
Here is some screen captures.

This is the morph created in 3dcoat

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ddab40d-630a-4416-87a0-553d.png

Now the morph in CC2 the latest release.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef845eb6-51ad-4bc7-a6b2-66aa.jpg

Duchess Designs Store 

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

mtakerkart (5/13/2017)

With my tests of 3dcoat yes the exports that do work are what I would call "a happy accident" the more severe the morph the more likely the order is going to be messed with.  The thought had crossed my mind that perhaps a feature request can be made to request and option to "preserve vertex order" .    

So post a feature request for them to allow "preserve vertex order of object exports" and maybe they will add it.   Because no at the moment 3d coat does not automatically preserve this.     

Also be careful of the uvmapping dont touch the islands but I am assuming your just talking about the morph itself and you did not touch any uvmaps and were just playing around with the basic shape.  

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

vertex order issue
It has nothing to do with vertex order , because if it do not match you can nothing import and get a error message 
Have you import in the paint room per micro vertex ? make a new Layer and  Then use the tweak room  and export with add morhs (Layer) and checkmark  Ignore smooting Groups.
But like I say it is not really worthly and cumbersome . 3D coat do lack in this feature
much better to handle is  zbrushCore or still  better Zbrush
But also mudbox is nicer than 3D coat in this case . (in respect to sculpting app fo creating morphs ) 

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
7 Years Ago by vidi
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vidi (5/13/2017)
vertex order issue
It has nothing to do with vertex order , because if it do not match you can nothing import and get a error message 
Have you import in the paint room per micro vertex ? make a new Layer and  Then use the tweak room  and export with add morhs (Layer) and checkmark  Ignore smooting Groups.
But like I say it is not really worthly and cumbersome . 3D coat do lack in this feature
much better to handle is  zbrushCore or still  better Zbrush
But also mudbox is nicer than 3D coat in this case . (in respect to sculpting app fo creating morphs ) 

I dunno then seems to be one to me anyhow... I am downloading a beta to see if they fixed the order issue... and try it when i get time..
There is a beta maybe someone made the request.  
 Anyhow I use other tools for it now so i will stay out of it..... but again I found it changed vertex order .......
when i looked at the files so maybe they changed it since my last attempts... but no i didnt use smooth groups ..

/shrug 

*goes back to my work I use blender for it I found 3dcoat difficult for much else other then painting anyhow.. I dont like the retopo tools either*    

(edit I have to type slower .. now hopefully i didnt repeat myself too many times.. ) 

Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

BTW here ist the workaround to create mophs 
Important notice  !!!! To use this technique you MUST be using Microvertex mode, not Per Pixel or PTEX.

I think the most trouble comes if use import it in the sculpt room and use the sculpting tools . Therefore try to import in the paintroom per Microvertex

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
7 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic