Profile Picture

iMotionPlus Files Being Rejected By Content Uploader?

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Has anyone else had issues uploading iMotionPlus files?

I have a Morph Prop of a Tape Measure tool. In order to get Morph capabilities in iClone, it is implemented as a Avatar with the morphs being triggered by Expressions. This I have done many times and it works like a charm.

However, in this particular case I also created two iMotionPlus actions for the prop. I have tested these motions and they work like a charm.

However, when I tried to upload the Avatar and iMotionPlus files, it rejected the iMotionPlus files. There was no issue with the file name of these files (as far as I can tell), so it seems that iMotionPlus files are not accepted by the Content Uploader. Is this the case?

If so, how can I provide my content? I checked and if I provide the project file, it does not seem possible to save any applied iMotions as iMotions. It seems the user would have to Collect Clip and save that as an iMotionPlus file. I am guessing that if this was an actual character, one would create a Persona and add the motions to the Persona? Would that be the correct method of providing my content? 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

I tried to search "Create Persona" but I did not find any obviously helpful hints. I recall that in the past I created Personas using the AML Editor. I searched for forum for AML Editor and got no hits but I was able to download it when I did a Google search for AML Editor.

However, it seems that the AML Editor is not compatible with iMotionPlus files (only iMotion files). I did try to collect my animation to iMotion files (instead of iMotionPlus) but it did not work.

So I seem to be stuck...I can't use the AML Editor to make a persona because it does not support iMotionPlus but I need iMotionPlus to implement my animations. But I can't submit iMotionPlus file using Content Uploader.  

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Lord Ashes,

iMotionPlus is not open for developers to sell at the moment. Instead, we would suggest selling objects (iAvatar, prop) with morph data on it to have better user experience. This solution is called "Morph Creator", which will be introduced when iClone 7 launches. 

AML Editor is the dated tool and we may not put resource in maintaining it, while providing other better solutions is what we want to do next. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Miranda (RL) (4/12/2017)

Instead, we would suggest selling objects (iAvatar, prop) with morph data on it to have better user experience. This solution is called "Morph Creator", which will be introduced when iClone 7 launches.

Finally! That is great news. I have been creating Character Morphs (or Morph Props) since iClone 6 but doing through the Expressions was an ugly hack...hopefully this will open a better way of doing things. Thanks for the info.

Reading This Topic