3d warehouse - 3d Xchange5 - sketchup 8

Posted By Peter Blood 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter Blood
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi guys: =)

Now that sketchup no longer downloads in skp 8 which was the goto download type for IC5, I haven't been able to download any models. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get downloads from them now? It seems the newer formats aren't compatible with 3DX5. Any help would be appreciated.

Cool pete

(Hoping tax return will get me the new comp for IC6. Whistling )

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Hi Pete :-)

You should be able to download it to sketchup directly,  then save as an earlier sketchup version.    I haven't downloaded any new sketchups since 2014 after I started seeing the bad changes they were adding to the software,  but if by chance they took out saving as an earlier version,  they may still have the "DAE" export,  which you can use the free autodesk fbx convertor -  to convert from DAE to FBX.

I hope this works for you!

Cheers!

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Pete,

Download and install the latest version of SketchUp. Load any model and then select "Save As.." from the File menu. From the drop down "Save as type" list select the version that you want the file saved as. CoolSmile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9c4c07ee-aa53-4c40-9c07-edf9.png

Added:

The dragon was faster. BigGrin

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wires

Reading This Topic