Profile Picture

Hi, I'm new and lost

Posted By adamanton 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
adamanton
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So I just got CTA 3 and I've never used any of these programs before. I've watched some tutorials, I've been going over the manual, but it is so overwhelming that every time I try to start a project I'm instantly lost. Any advice on best way to get up to speed on CTA 3? Are there any classes available in central California that anyone knows of? Thanks for your help.

Adam
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Try these links

https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/tutorial.html
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/videogallery.html

At the top menu you can click learn'' for more options......this should get you started .....BigGrin

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by kevin.S
iheller83
iheller83
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I agree with you. I keep starting the tutorial videos and just getting completely confused.

N00b
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
adamanton (1/19/2017)
So I just got CTA 3 and I've never used any of these programs before. I've watched some tutorials, I've been going over the manual, but it is so overwhelming that every time I try to start a project I'm instantly lost. Any advice on best way to get up to speed on CTA 3? Are there any classes available in central California that anyone knows of? Thanks for your help.

Adam

Adam I know how you feel, it can be overwhelming sometimes.

Here is my suggestion - since you've watched the videos once - with CTA 3 open, go back to the tutorials, start with the 1st tutorial, "Intro to Character Composer" and follow along, step by step. When you think that you understand what is going on, try to do the steps without the video.  When you feel comfortable at this step, try to create a new character. Then go to the next video in the sequence and repeat the above steps.
Also sign up for any of the free webinars that are offered or review the recorded sessions.  

Once you get started, don't hesitate to post questions on the forum there are members who are more than willing to answer any question and who have posted videos with tips/tricks and who may offer one-on-one training (sometimes for a small fee).

As far as I know there are no live classes.  

Hope this helps!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
7 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Kipley
Kipley
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi - I'm also new to these programs and have also felt overwhelmed. I thought it would be similar to video editing, but it seems much more complex. Way back when, I taught myself Final Cut Pro and other similar programs relying heavily on books with tutorial project files, "Final Cut Pro Bible", "Missing FCP Manual" and stuff like that. I haven't been able to find anything similar for these programs - it's all tutorial videos. A different way of learning for me.

Anyway, I'm confident I'll figure it out given enough time, but so far I've been lost. Just wanted to share that those feeling lost and overwhelmed are not alone! I'm looking forward to diving into more tutorials and figuring this out!
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Try the online CTA3 manual [HERE]

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Koschkov
Koschkov
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
There's 2 things you should keep in mind while doing your project. it would be easier if you already have a scripted concept or a storyboard before you make your first scene

1. Scene
dont think too much about the animation, timeline editing, or whatsoever, just focused on making your stage based on your concept. You can get inspiration from this amazing Tutorial

https://youtu.be/hkbLq87EitQ

2. Character
After you make the world you have to put your Character, you can make Character from the Character Composer or adobe flash if you have the pipeline version, furthermore you should know the characteristic of your Character. Whether is it G1, G2, or G3 before applying them into the scene.

and Finally you ready to animate before you render it for further edit of scene compilation (if you make more than one scene) on an external editing software such as Premiere Pro

Here are the guideline of Tutorial, it show where you should start from the beginning

https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/tutorial.html

this is an example film from CTA 2 
https://youtu.be/fkHDrdxa0nw

I hope it helps!

Edited
7 Years Ago by Koschkov

Reading This Topic