two motion capture suits

Posted By xprtsystems 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
xprtsystems
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello, 

I have two perception Neuron Motion capture suits and I want and I have captured motion of two characters interacting. I have the problem of exporting the two motion capture files in to iclone for editing. The problem is the plug in doesn't appear to support two characters. The other way is to use 3d exchange, but when I export the original files and convert them in 3Dxchange their [characters] movements appear to be corrupted, as in there is additional erratic movement that is not in the original capture. 

Has anyone got any suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong, or how the best way to pass files from axis to iclone bearing in mind I have used 3Dxchange pipeline with poor results. 

Many thanks 

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I don't have PN, so this is just an idea in case you have two PCs (or laptops) at your disposal.

As iClone can be installed on two systems, you could presumably have a plugin on each and then capture each character's performance on the two separate PCs..

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

MnerosNaRa
MnerosNaRa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)Veteran Member (760 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (5/11/2016)
I don't have PN, so this is just an idea in case you have two PCs (or laptops) at your disposal.

As iClone can be installed on two systems, you could presumably have a plugin on each and then capture each character's performance on the two separate PCs..

Genius!!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
When you did the import through 3DX from the dual capture as BVH in the Neuron software, it may be that the jitter you got was because of mismatched frame rates. 

Check what frame rate the Neuron software is capturing and exporting at, and make sure to set the frame rate in 3DX to the same. You set it in the dialogue box that pops up when you open a BVH in 3DX.

Reading This Topic