Sound Sync

Posted By lfarr 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lfarr
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This is an issue.   I have a scene where a military jet flies through the scene and the sound is attached to the jet prop.   It only plays on cue if I cue the timeline right before that section, otherwise the sound plays way too early, before the jet enters the scene.  This makes it hard to do the sound edits while cutting the scenes.  You can see below where that sound clips plays when I cue the video from the beginning.   I haven't rendered to see if that's just a playback anomaly or if also renders out of time.

Any suggestions?

http://theaudiocave.com/pics/2015-08-28_1515.png
Edited
9 Years Ago by lfarr
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:54 AM
That seems odd. Usually the sound clip will be a little late due to sluggish realtime playback but not ahead.
I would do a quick render and then see where things play.timing-wise.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You can always r meet out silent and then to an edit sound confirm in a NLE program. Using Final Cut or Premiere will allow you the best opportunity to edit your audio in conjunction with your picture.
lfarr
lfarr
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

I got the latest patch and rendered and it's still off, playing well early.   I can even cue the video right where the first sound FX starts, a short loop, and hear it play correctly but the sound in the render is way off.  It actually played really late that time, not early, but like 3-4 seconds late.

I'm trying to see if my camera switches, which are at times synced to the music, are also off.  If so, that's going to be a major issue as relates to doing the cuts in IC.
Edited
9 Years Ago by lfarr
lfarr
lfarr
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think I solved it.

I do all of this in my recording studio using ASIO4ALL to get to my USB speakers and my studio monitors and iClone doesn't play well with that driver it seems.   What I did was plug in an old broken pair of iPhone earbuds to my desktop sound card output to enable it, and then switch the system to use the on board sound card, and everything is in sync now.

The only way I can monitor that is to have an audio workstation in the background monitoring the "Stereo Mix" digital recording path of the sound card so I can push that audio to my studio monitors with ASIO4ALL.   It's actually still playing early, I hear the sound before the play cursor in iClone even reaches the clip, but it's a much smaller gap now and is workable.

Update:  That didn't work either.  It still started going way out of sync.   I'll have do all of my sound FX in Vegas and pray that the music bed I'm cutting to in IC is in sync.
Edited
9 Years Ago by lfarr
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:54 AM
...well, as has been stated, it always best to do your audio work in post. Still sad that you/we can't seem to find whats causing the issue.

I guess if you type in some text to speech for an avatar to speak it's still off?

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Are you rendering in REALTIME or BY FRAME?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic