Profile Picture

Props Diffuse help

Posted By clandragonpaints 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
clandragonpaints
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi. I am trying to create props with images on them. However, I open the diffuse map in Gimp, add a HIGH quality image and export it. The block updates in gimp but the image on the block is VERY low res, grainy and just bad. No matter what prop I try or image this continues to be the case. What am I missing here?
Thanks,
Misty-
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Misty,

WELCOME to the forum.

"Product" questions should be asked in the forum specific to that product, such as iClone.  This section is where we would talk about things of interest to Reallusion overall.  Don't feel bad, this happens often, but you'll get better results by posting in the right area.

Since you're new, please find the "Newbies - Say Hello Here" section and introduce yourself.  Let us know what you're up to, what Reallusion product(s) you have, any prior experience with other products, what you hope to be doing.

Now... about your question...

A picture or two might help a lot.  It can also be a result of some very bad UV Maps on the prop.

Are these props you modeled yourself, in something like Blender?  Or are they iClone "iProps"?  I assume you've put your image on a simple block or wall or something like that.

I'm just covering some basics, to be sure we're headed in the right direction.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If using iClone -  Check your Max Resolution Setting:  Image attached

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0ebd3fa0-3194-4a63-98da-2062.jpg

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic