Tutorials

Posted By Raven2angel 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Raven2angel
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Diva Of Drama

Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)Diva Of Drama (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Good product RL Smile 
It's nice to see there are some video tutorials, but only a few of them are active at the moment.  When will the rest be available to view please?

Life Suits Them

Raven's Roost - Marketplace Store

Edited
15 Years Ago by Raven2angel
Visconti
Visconti
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, Raven2angle

You will be able to see more next week and all of them in the 4th week of August. Wink

Thanks
Visconti

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Re: Pop video converter for Widget Cast

Key Features say:

• Bring your chroma key video from any video editing software to Flash media

Stage 2 instructions say:

•Your first step to create it is to place your source clip on the timeline of any video editor. Then, drag the Chroma Key effect onto the event. In this step, you will need to create a mask file (purely black and white) from your source file.

How do you do that ???Crazy

My Video editor with Chroma key is Corel Video Studio Pro X2. It works well overlaying green screen but despite consulting manual, web forums etc. I can't find how to make it output the B/W video mask which seems to be required by Pop Video Converter. Have I missed something?

I`m concerned that when we get Iclone 4 such a file may also be needed to create the effect of the video character demonstrated by John Martin in the new 3D Video FX demo.

Can anyone help or recommend an alternative reasonably priced video editor which does have this type of output?

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Geoff,

Magix is good for chroma keying and fairly reasonably priced.  They just brought out a new version, Movie Edit Pro 15 plus.  Ulead is also very good and not much higher in price. 

I'm sure you will get a wide variety of personal choices but I hope this helps

Shy

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Edited
15 Years Ago by shygirl
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Unfortunately, Corel brought the Ulead video editor and applied their famous reverse-Midas touch to it (you know, the one where the gold turns to . . . ).

There comes a point where dumbing-down a user interface for Granny deprives software of its usefulness. Corel Video is like that. Angry

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I like the Magix Movie Editor... I usually switch up between that and Vegas Movie Studio Pro... Magix is easier to use, with more out of the box features, Vegas when you absolutely must have the most control over your process...
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Thanks very much Shy, Paumanok West and Wizeard for your prompt response.

I updated to the latest Corel Video Studio (I`m a previous Ulead user) when I had a new high spec laptop at the beginning of the year. It accepted the AVCHD files from my Panasonic camcorder. It was easy to pull the SD card from the camera and put it straight into the card slot on the laptop and edit my HD footage in this program. All my Reallusion related software is also installed on this machine. My skills and budget reflect aspiring amateur rather than seasoned professional.

I don't have the very latest version, but I do have Magix Edit pro v14 plus installed on the rapidly ageing desktop computer. I've used a USB stick to transfer some standard green screen video files to see if it will output the B/W mask. It has Chroma Key and the overlays work fine but like the Corel software I cant make it output a B/W mask video. I wonder if Wizeard has the most recent version and is able to confirm if it does produce the B/W video mask file format required?

I found Adobe Premier Elements 3 was also on my old desk top machine. I think it came bundled with a version of Photoshop elements. I tried this and found in the Keying options dialogue a tick box for “Mask only” This does export the B/W mask. I've used the USB stick to get the files back on the laptop. Pop video converter did it's stuff and produced the transparent background iwidget from these files.

I see from the web that the latest version of Premier Elements is 7. However, the interface has had a make -over to make it “more user friendly”. Taking Paumanok West`s “granny” comment on board I wonder if anyone can confirm if the “mask only” option has been retained in this version? It does accept AVCHD files so it may be a suitable Video editor for use on my laptop.

I don`t have Sony Vegas so can't comment on it`s suitability for use with Pop video converter. Perhaps Wizeard could let us know if he can get a mask only output.

Any advice, comments or alternative suggestions before I spend my money would be appreciated.

Perhaps Visconti or Peter E might think it worth compiling a list on the forum of Video Editors that do/don`t export the B/W chroma key mask needed for pop video converter. Following on from my experiences today they may feel the “any video editor” comment in the Pop video converter promo blub and stage 2 instructions needs amending slightly ?

Geoff.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Made further trials to check on video editor suitability to use with Pop Video Converter for transparent background iwidget.

Cyberlink Power Director V7 does not have option to output B/W mask only in Chroma Key mode.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum v9 does.

Geoff.

williamsbruce1
williamsbruce1
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hi,

I was looking at using Pinnacle 12 with widgetcast/popvideo.  I will try this out on the trial version.

Pinnacle Studio from 9 up has been using off the shelf backgrounds such as here:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1329066/pinnacle_studio11_plus_chroma_key_test/

I was very interested in the presenter aspects of these packages for e-training

Thanks

Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There is some info in another thread, i.e. a tutorial by Nigel on how to do this in Magix Movie Edit Pro Version 11 I think.

Also, I was able to do it today using Pinnacle Studio 12 and the RTFX Volume 1 Plugin.  It actually keys the green out quite painlessly and then by using either the "Tint" or the "Threshold" option in the RTFX plugin, you can create the mask video.

As for Adobe Premier Elements, glad you could get it to work.  My green screen filming was not that well lit, and unfortunately I could not make it work using "Mask".  Maybe if my original was better.  Same with Premier Pro.  But Pinnacle is very forgiving for some reason and worked quite well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic34830-86-1.aspx

Alley

Reading This Topic