Content Repack for Character Creator 3.3

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic449997.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Miranda (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

For this CC 3.3 release, Reallusion has made enhancements for some of the best selling content packs which can be divided into two parts: morphs and clothes. For the morphs, come added support for the all new CC3 Base+ character base along with all the optimizations that come with it. The quality and fidelity achieved by the transformation to the CC3 Base+ character base, is head and shoulders above the competition. For the clothes part, major breakthroughs have been made in resolving distorted shoulder areas and problems arising from cross-generational clothing application.

Read on to see which content packs have been improved, and ways to acquire them.

Repacked Morph Content

The Character Creator v3.3 installation process will also update CC Essential Morphs & Skin, Headshot Morph 1000+, and Adjustment and Balance Morphs content packs, if they have been previously installed. Morph contents will also store multi-generational data, so the same morph sliders will work optimally for different character bases.

Repacked List 
Auto Conversion for Three Repacked Morph Packs 

After upgrading to version 3.3, a message will appear notifying the completion of the morph slider conversion process.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72b7bb0c-122e-46db-ab5e-89eb.png

Important Notice 

This version will also adjust the morph tree-view, making it easier to use.

In v3.2, one can see the Essential data folder under every single category making it one extra step to get to the actual relevant morph sliders.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3aff05de-0a9e-4179-a126-d606.png

In v3.3, the Essential data folders have been removed, making it easier to access the morph sliders.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/031c4f00-3ccf-4780-877e-c570.png

*The illustration above includes parts of the morph content packs.
*You can check the content directory to see if the Essential Morph pack has been updated to v3.3. 
Default routes: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\Character Creator 3 Template\AvatarControl\Essential Body Morphs or Essential Head Morphs

Auto & Manual Conversion for Non-Repacked Morph Content

You can use CC's internal morph conversion tools for developer content that have not been repacked. After you launch CC 3.3, you may find that some of the original sliders in the Morph panel are missing. This is because morphs that are not compatible with the current scene character will remain hidden until they are converted for CC3 Base+. You have two options available for conversion:
  1. Automatic conversion after launching the application.
    Upgrading to version 3.3 will conveniently add support for CC3 Base+ for all morph sliders in the Template > Custom folders.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17d35249-f5b9-4498-bb6b-5016.png

Legacy morph sliders purchased after this upgrade will be detected by the application - in the Template and Custom folders - at which time, a message box will appear requesting for conversion. In which case, pressing the OK button will be sufficient to start the conversion process.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/670b1604-1781-4c54-b6f9-0b14.png

2. Manually activate the conversion process by choosing Help > Update Sliders to Current Base after initiating the application.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d3814ca8-1fd9-4f55-96f7-4f1d.png

Repacked Cloth Content

Previously, cross-generational application of CC1 Base clothes resulted in various visual defects. This time around, we have provided fixed to these issues such as shoulder distortions and skin-tight cloth penetration.

Note: This update will be applied to cloth bases across all presets and derivative content.

Repacked List
Before & After

The following video shows how a CC1 suit looks on a CC3+ character before and after the update:

How to Update Repacked Content

All content packs can be updated via Smart Gallery from version 1.1 and onward, as soon as an update is released by the content developers.

In order to update legacy content, click on the Update node to change to the update mode. Select one or more content pack thumbnails and double click to open the Update Prompt. The content items ready for update will be listed in this window. Click on the Update button to start the update process.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/156622cb-8bd0-4333-a946-684e.png

*Smart Gallery is unable to update the Street Fashion and Assassins pack at this moment. Please fully uninstall these packs before installing them again from the Smart Gallery

By abcliu - 4 Years Ago
I like it, morph sliders are much better arranged than the previous version.
By Slayerazazel - 4 Years Ago
The morph sliders are a mess now. They are great for people who do not create content. But are horrendous for people who do create content. This needs to be fixed for content creators. Having them combined causes many issues, since we do not know which packs the sliders are from, and which sliders are the default sliders. Read my forums post below in regards to the issues of combining all the morph sliders together. Opposed to having them in separate folders.

https://forum.reallusion.com/451721/Default-and-Paid-sliders-in-new-CC33-Update#bm452018

If it's not going to be fixed, can we please have the option to either display them all together and the option to turn off all purchased sliders. I'm sure I'm not the only one who this affects. 
By Alexxander - 4 Years Ago
Hi, Miranda,
Are there any instructions how to fully uninstall Assassins and StreetFashion when Gallery is unusable and so is uninstalled?
By Slayerazazel - 4 Years Ago
Alexxander (7/24/2020)
Hi, Miranda,
Are there any instructions how to fully uninstall Assassins and StreetFashion when Gallery is unusable and so is uninstalled?

You'd have to delete them from the folders within windows (if your using windows, not totally sure about Mac)

You can right click an item from inside CC3 and open file location. And then just delete it from windows explorer 
I did this. Maybe I missed something or there are files that are not displayed in the content window, like a specific metadata. SmartGallery remained unusable so I need to uninstall it. But without it CC3+ is unusable too.
Alexxander (7/25/2020)
I did this. Maybe I missed something or there are files that are not displayed in the content window, like a specific metadata. SmartGallery remained unusable so I need to uninstall it. But without it CC3+ is unusable too.

Hi Alexxander,

Traditional way of uninstalling content is just like Slayerazazel suggested: deleting the local file and go to Order History to download the .rlcontent to install again.
I have more concern about the malfunction of Smart Gallery, may you contact our Support to clarify the issue?
https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
Thanks!

Hi, Miranda,
I've already made contact to support, got an answer and is preparing now some tech info for them.
Thanks
By joel.lovell - 4 Years Ago
Does this:

Note for customers who have purchased the CC Essential Morphs and Skin before 2020/7/22:
1. Freely update your contents to the newest CC3+. (How to update?)
2. You can enhance your old packs with the brand new Ultimate Morphs and Realistic Human Skin for higher level digital human production.

mean that if I have CC3+ and have previously bought CC Essential Morphs and Skin, that I don't need to buy Ultimate Morphs and Realistic Human Skin?

I also got the face bundle with the head morphs 1000+
I am trying to determine if I really need to buy the $229 4-in-1 bundle or not, seems like I don't need to.

Hello!
Yes, the morph sliders in CC Essential Morphs & Skin have been updated to be compatible with CC3 Base+ characters.
If you don't want extra morph sliders and skin textures, there is no need to purchase those new packs.

joel.lovell (7/28/2020)
Does this:

Note for customers who have purchased the CC Essential Morphs and Skin before 2020/7/22:
1. Freely update your contents to the newest CC3+. (How to update?)
2. You can enhance your old packs with the brand new Ultimate Morphs and Realistic Human Skin for higher level digital human production.

mean that if I have CC3+ and have previously bought CC Essential Morphs and Skin, that I don't need to buy Ultimate Morphs and Realistic Human Skin?

I also got the face bundle with the head morphs 1000+
I am trying to determine if I really need to buy the $229 4-in-1 bundle or not, seems like I don't need to.

By emypippo - 4 Years Ago
I had to buy the 4-1 package because otherwise there were limitations in character customization. With the editor you can enter a maximum of 15 changes without the 4-1 package.
emypippo (7/29/2020)
I had to buy the 4-1 package because otherwise there were limitations in character customization. With the editor you can enter a maximum of 15 changes without the 4-1 package.

Unlocking the 15-layer limitation is part of SkinGen Premium Plug-in function, while 4-in-1 package includes content packs besides plug-in.
For users want to have full customization capability such as accessing 22 Skin Tools and importing custom texture maps, SkinGen Premium Plug-in is required. 

By emypippo - 4 Years Ago
In your opinion, I didn't throw the money away. Buying the 4 in 1 in any case I have features that I would not have had. Right?
By webdefender - 4 Years Ago
I have a related question. Does the the Ultimate Morphs Pack include all the morphs from the Essential Morphs?

By kbimplis - 4 Years Ago
I'd like to know if the new ultimate contains all (or even more) than the old essentials, especially now that the old essentials is no longer available for purchase...
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
kbimplis (8/6/2020)
I'd like to know if the new ultimate contains all (or even more) than the old essentials, especially now that the old essentials is no longer available for purchase...

The Ultimate Morph Pack includes all the CC Essential morphs plus 198 new morphs plus 12 full body morphs and 12 full face morphs.
By planetstardragon - 4 Years Ago
the 3 in 1 pack is worth the price, consider how much it would cost you if you hired just 1 artist to create all these presets.    I thought it was a little pricey myself, but after I got it I considered the team of reallusion artists and all the time they put into the details and how great it's making my work look!! 2 thumbs up for them! ....the RL artist team is on point!   -  my finger is wiggling at the programming team that needs to make iclone and cc3 more stable,  when the program runs unstable and sluggish,  it demeans the work of not only your great artist team ...but all artists that are trying to get work done in a timely fashion without crashing and losing inspiration in the process!!  Tongue
By animatedbeing - 4 Years Ago

I don't see and update button for CC Essential Clothing & Fabric

By mssoft - 4 Years Ago
How can I convert my iClone projects to version 3.3? I have several projects with 100 morphs each (size, heavyness etc). When I send the character from iClone to the Character Creator, convert it and send it back to iClone, only the visemes and expressions are available.
By animatedbeing - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (8/6/2020)
kbimplis (8/6/2020)

The Ultimate Morph Pack includes all the CC Essential morphs plus 198 new morphs plus 12 full body morphs and 12 full face morphs.

I own the CC Essential Morphs & Skin, Headshot Morph 1000+, and Adjustment and Balance Morphs. Is there a list of the additional 198 morphs?

By Hookflash - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (8/6/2020)
kbimplis (8/6/2020)

For those of us who already own the CC Essential morphs, should we delete them before installing the Ultimate Morph Pack (in order to avoid duplicate morphs), or is this not necessary?
Hookflash (8/27/2020)
Peter (RL) (8/6/2020)
kbimplis (8/6/2020)

For those of us who already own the CC Essential morphs, should we delete them before installing the Ultimate Morph Pack (in order to avoid duplicate morphs), or is this not necessary?

It's not necessary. If you have Ultimate Morph, just install it directly. There is no need to delete Essential morphs or use CC convert function to update these morphs to be compatible CC3 Base+ (the one which initiate automatically when opening up CC).
By MarkV5 - 4 Years Ago
Pretty new to CC3, so forgive me - I have CC3 and bought the new 4-1 for SkinGen.  I also have the Headshot plug-in and Headshot Morph 1000+.  I'm learning about the Character Creator 3 watermark the hard way - do a bunch of work and then notice it's there.  Click Help->View Unpurchased Items only to find that there are no unpurchased items found...

If I look at Modify Morphs, under Head->Cheek, I have a bunch of purple sliders that link to Essential Morph Repack 2.  This does not seem purchasable.

If I look under Headshot->Cheek, the sliders are all as they should be (no purple).  That said, the sliders are not identical.  For example, Head has Cheek Flesh Depth and no such slider exists under Headshot->Cheek.   Where do the Head morphs come from ?  Should I care?  Or just make sure I don't touch any head Morph purple sliders ?

I have tried the update sliders to current base and refresh sliders...  no luck so I assume I'm not licensed for that content, but it's maddening that I can't tell what I'm missing or if something is broken.

Thanks!
By Onkel Tom Tom - 4 Years Ago
Hi Reallusion Team, 
since the latest update (v3.31) for Character Creator, it happens that the mesh of the Proffesional Outfits Pack breaks. 
Everytime I open up a file with meshes from this pack it will sort of look like in the image. Here I used the Field Jacket.
As long as I don´t close the CC file it will be fine. It would be great if you could fix this problem. Before the update everything was fine.
Thanks in advance!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ca5afcf-226d-4246-8ded-f2b9.jpg