Happy Iclone Halloween - Post your faves and your own!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic423859.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By thebiz.movies - 5 Years Ago
Hi all,
Its October, my favorite time of year.  Weathers changing, nights are getting longer and the screens are filled with spooky stories.  I've seen my fair share of excellent Iclone Halloween films but admit I haven't much in the last couple of years.  Please post your own and your favorite spooctacular Iclone films here in this thread and help me keep it active till the Hallows Eve.

Ill start this off with one of my own created 10 years ago (jeez) using Iclone3.  It was my attempt to create an online Haunted House (I love me some haunted house's) from the first person POV.  I present "Thebiz's House of Horror!"

By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
So far this is my favorite video I've done:

By toystorylab - 5 Years Ago
I did only one Halloween video so far, but i'm very satisfied with it:

And this one is my creepiest BigGrin:

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Oh Biz the "House of Horrors" one of my all time favs!!!! Could never get that one out of my head!!! Love the "feel" and style of that piece!!!! Wonderous!!!TongueBigGrinSmile
KT - Its a really great performance of a fun clever song.  Added bonus for the guitar solo, but alas, wheres the brains?  Hehe.  Excellent submission.

ToyStory - I gotta say I really wasn't expecting much that from "Nervous Breakdown" aside from a little political silliness but it turned into a pretty good p.o.v. horror tale.  Loved the camerawork and the breathing really sold the experience.  Campy, scary fun.

Mark - Thanks for the kind words.  I cant believe that's ten years old....Anywho, you have a veritable cornucopia of excellent pinhead Halloween flicks you have created to choose from.  Which is your favorite?  

Im going to post some of my faves which are no doubt a bit older but that's OK.  Here's Direx1974's very first Iclone movie which is a gory, dreamy, chainsaw heavy, grindhouse meats arthouse feature that's not so safe for work but a good bit of fun.  Maybe we will post "Trouble in the Tombs" later (definitely a different vibe from this one) but for my money its "The Trap" all the way!

By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
This is great!
I like watching creepy movies (although i don't 'celebrate' halloween).

So i made a short clip in the last few days, with my very limited capabilities.

Hint: The speech is randomly generated, non-sense.

By ben_nac - 5 Years Ago
this is my best 

By Kelleytoons - 5 Years Ago
My first Halloween video:

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Mark - Thanks for the kind words.  I cant believe that's ten years old....Anywho, you have a veritable cornucopia of excellent pinhead Halloween flicks you have created to choose from.  Which is your favorite? 

Not sure if those old bones need to be dredged up again!!!  TongueBigGrinSmile

Love it KT.  Classic party rocker with all the ghouls and talking heads

Ben, you had me wishing there was sound.  Lots of sights no doubt.

Definitely a random selection 3DTester... Super heroes and aliens and planet beach ball bingo.  Oh my! 

mark (10/2/2019)

Not sure if those old bones need to be dredged up again!!!  TongueBigGrinSmile

Well if you wont.....I will.  You certainly are a prolific filmmaker mark.  So much to choose from!  So much Pinhead....

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Well looks like you already posted my favs... your "House of Horrors" and Rene's "The Trap"!!! GOOD STUFF!!!

OK but remember you axed for it!!!!
Of course picking my favorite is like picking your favorite vampire-bat!!!! They are all my... "Children of the night! What beautiful music they make...if just a bit off key or out of focus!"

"They Saved Dracula's Brain"  2010

"The Haunted Castle"    2011  

"It's Alive" trailer    2012

"A Word of Encouragement" 2012

"Another Bad Decision by Leon" 2013

The Walter Pinhead Halloween Special II"   2016

"Beauty and the Beast"  2016

"Universal Monster Classics"   2018

By 3dtester - 5 Years Ago
@mark
Impressive collection of scary movies Smile
Fantastic work, thanks for sharing!
By mark - 5 Years Ago
Thanks tester!!! Might as well get those old skeletons from the closet and make 'em dance for ya!!!!TongueTongue
Mark, you are a cottage industry of dad joke filled, halloweeny fun flicks.  I hope you never stop!

Here's a little short from Peaches Chrenko, the best voice in the Iclone community (more on that soon).  A fun short with a cute little twist.  Hallie!

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Ooo I forgot about that Peaches flick...loved it then and now !!!!TongueBigGrin
By sjonesdc - 5 Years Ago
Here is my contribution! 

One of the early iClone projects I actually finish!

By Gerskey - 5 Years Ago
Hi community,

peace
Gerskey
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
I see we're reminiscing...:Whistling

Pinhead has always been a willing subject for Halloween, and I did do a few myself.

The first two were based on story ideas by Dennis (Justaviking):

Crying over Spoiled Milk (2017)

The End? (2015)

There is one I like that I didn't finish in time for Halloween 2011...Blush

Brain Trust (2012)

Wow, that's a huge collection in the meanwhile! Some cool stuff...

Here is my latest "Horror Movie"...
Inspired by the novels "Desperation" and "The Regulators"
by Richard Bachman alias Stephen King...

and here the same Film on Vimeo, Quality slightly better...

By CtrlZ - 5 Years Ago
Great stuff! This one  premiered at TMUnderground last year in late September!

By Gerskey - 5 Years Ago
Hi community,

peace
Gerskey

Great to see all these flicks!  Some old, some new, some scary, some BOO!  Hehe.

Fun short sjonesdc.  Always good to get the gang back together again.

Animagic, I remember Brain Trust from way back when.  A pinhead classic with a great story.  I've never seen Spilt Milk before.  That's a solid little quickie with a fun punch line.  Good stuff!

ToyStoryLab, I took a look at part 1 a few nights ago.  Really bizarre world vividly imagined.  Pretty weird and creepy!   

Ctrlz , I love, love, love The Road.  It was a really good time watching it live last year and it was a good time revisiting it tonight.  If anyone missed this last year, make sure to catch it NOW!
By mark - 5 Years Ago
These are all bringing back great memories for sure!!!!BigGrinw00tTongue
By Peter Blood - 5 Years Ago
Hey Biz. Smile

I haven't got an animation for Halloween, time has not allowed for it, so I thought I"d 
replay my Halloween poster from last year.

Remember that time Charley Brown told Linus the great pumpkin wasn't real?
Well......

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e97d23d1-1c8c-4a6d-83ef-c85e.png

Cool pete
By mark - 5 Years Ago
That's such a cool idea Peter!!!!!!BigGrinTongue
Too funny Pete (blanket boy!).  I love those peanuts holiday specials.

Here's another Halloween classic; Bezzer's opus Zombie Fauxumentary "After the Dead".  Bezzer is a master at creating snappy scripts and bringing them too life...er...undead life?  Enjoy!

thebiz.movies (10/8/2019)
Here's another Halloween classic; Bezzer's opus Zombie Fauxumentary "After the Dead". 

Nice, didn't see this one before...

It Scared me to DeathHere's an outstanding original Lovecraftian tale from years back.  I first found the deep southern twang on the voice over awkward but it grew on me till it became one of my favorite things about the movie.  Well that and the weird pacing and dreamy weirdo swampy visuals.  

By mark - 5 Years Ago
Oh man you would find "that-one"!!w00t    I'm sure that "It Scared Me to Death", such a very cool film, is what inspired me.... "translate "ripped-off"BigGrin... when I made my "Swampman" short. Now my secret is out!!!!Crazyw00tTongueBigGrin

By Kevin.S - 5 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef6beae5-b981-473d-8f12-ac18.jpg
Kevin, I'm just not sure where this thread is headed...hehe.  Great image!

Mark, I remember Swamp Man.  That's a really fun movie Bayou.  Ok enough pun.  I do love swamp environs in movies and games.  Nothing beats driving a muscle car through the swamps outside Nawlins in Mafia III or the super creepy midnight swamp people attacks in Red Dead Redemption 2.  Swamps make some super memorable settings.

Anyways...I promise to highlight some newer Halloween projects soon (saw some great ones last night!) but here's another spooky classic from longtime Iclone director Gregsin - The Railway Phantom.  My favorite part of Greg's movies (and there are a lot of good ones by him) is his voice actors/actresses and the quality of the voice recordings.  I seem to remember him saying he uses a local acting club for his projects.  This particular one is an excellent ghost tale, told in simple old timey style.  Really good stuff.

By Postfrosch - 5 Years Ago
Hi
i have two old "Halloween-Pinhead-Adventures"
Have a littel Fun

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Those two are lots of fun PostFrosch.  Pinhead certainly runs rampant this time of year.

I promised some recent projects and heres one that I saw on the RLTV link.  Its one of the best Iclone projects I've seen in the last few months.  A wonderful array of characters, very fluid animation, good lighting and camerawork and a legitimate storyline in a short little music video.  If I had to pick a nit Id say the music (*which is an original Halloween tune) could have been a bit more up front at times being a bit hard to hear but overall this is wonderful!  100% worth a few minutes of your time.

By mark - 5 Years Ago
WOW! That was a fantastic production!!!TongueBigGrinTongue
By pinguintje - 5 Years Ago
First of all: My Halloween favourite clip is mark's "It's the Walter Pinhead Halloween Special II". BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Here is my new clip.
A skeleton man is in a creepy forest looking for his pumpkin wife.
Will he find her?
A little Halloween story for children.

And here are the older ones:

Have fun.
Best Regards,
Arie

By ben_nac - 5 Years Ago
By mark - 5 Years Ago
That was a hoot Arie! Great Halloween atmosphere for sure!!!TongueBigGrinw00t
By justaviking - 5 Years Ago
Wow!  So many awesome videos.  I've seen most of them before, and it was a lot of fun to see them again (plus the ones that were new to me).

I have to add this to the mix.  "Peaches" not only did the writing and animation, but the music too.  All the voices (yes, all), and the singing too.

P.S.
@Animagic - I'm so glad you posted your Pinhead Halloween videos.  I was late coming to this thread, and would totally have posted them if you hadn't.  You're always gracious about giving me "story credit," but you and the one who did all the hard (and great) work of doing the animation.  Thanks for bringing those ideas to life.

The back story for "The End?" was we were being told that there would probably be no more official Pinhead projects, which was very sad to hear, but then there was a solid rumor that "the committee" was reconsidering and might in fact do at least one more project.

(Edited for typing errors, not content.)
Great choice Viking!  Like I said earlier, she's got the best voice in the community.

Ben_Nac - you might have the best use of the sliding feet effect in those moonwalking dance moves...hehe.

Penguin - That's a fun selection of Pinhead flicks.  You really show the wide scope of available Halloween Iclone assets. 
By Kevin.S - 5 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd4bf9d5-20c4-4586-b8f8-a8a7.jpg
By Kevin.S - 5 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3de18334-50ca-4ab0-b54a-af20.jpg
Here's one of my all time faves, Biggstrek's adaptation of Lovecraft's The Haunter of the Dark (link to a boatload of RL  community comments) .  Soooo good.  Just now realized there's a directors commentary version of this.  I guess I'll just have to watch it again.....the horror.

Heres a creepy short I made many moons ago and havent seen in a long time.   I gotta say it aged pretty well.  

The Poetry Minute with Tan Julius

"Tan Julius tells a tale wrought with woe, in the end he reeps what he sows."

Here's a really nice play on the Frankenstein's Monster story from The Playful Dark.  Original music and some nice visuals.  I particularly liked the girl dancing with skeletons transitioning to Frank looking on.  A warm hearted Halloween tale.  Got something a bit more sinister from The Playful Dark coming later...

Ha, The Poetry Minute is definitely "old fashioned" qua visuals
BUT the idea to tell your story that way is great!
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
There is some scary stuff here...  Smile

This is a 360 video (2:45 horror short)  I made in Unity but I used the Doomsday Playset  Zombies asset from the talented Adolf Antareus. If you want the ambisonic sound please use headphones and a compatible browser (Chrome for example).
*Dont forget to crank up the volume 

Happy Halloween!

By Gerskey - 5 Years Ago
Hi community, 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a334d005-034a-4324-9a25-d7ac.png

Merry Christmas LOL.
peace
Gerskey
Jfrog (10/19/2019)
Happy Halloween!

Nice https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc07c28f-48cc-4d23-a940-9956.png

Jfrog (10/19/2019)
There is some scary stuff here...  Smile

This is a 360 video (2:45 horror short)  I made in Unity but I used the Doomsday Playset  Zombies asset from the talented Adolf Antareus. If you want the ambisonic sound please use headphones and a compatible browser (Chrome for example).
*Dont forget to crank up the volume 

Happy Halloween!

This was very good.  In my search for some Iclone horror there's a fair amount of vr out there.  This is one of the better ones.  Good job!
By Jfrog - 5 Years Ago
This was very good.  In my search for some Iclone horror there's a fair amount of vr out there.  This is one of the better ones.  Good job!

@thebiz.movies Thank you very much for the nice comment. It is greatly appreciated!  This little horror short is doing quite well now on my SamsungVR Channel and on Oculus Video.  My channel on Youtube (Immersive Sound VR) is kind of slow. Please feel free to subscribe, most of my VR 360 productions were done entirely with Iclone.   Smile

@toystorylab Thank also toystorylab for your valuable feedback!
Here's a grab bag of Halloween sights and sounds from rogyu. 

Here's a grab bag of Halloween sights and sounds from rogyru. 

This one from Kellytoons features some excellent mocap and more fun Halloween sights and sounds.  There's a good description of how this one was made here.

By rosuckmedia - 5 Years Ago
Very nice Halloween movies,
My favorite is Mark, The Walther Pinhead Halloween Special.
This is my short Video, Halloween Call to RL Update Center Small Clip 4K.
Greetings rosuckmedia

By thebiz.movies - 4 Years Ago
Its that time of year again Halloweenies!  Lets add some of the spookyscary Iclone videos we've seen this year and let me know if we've missed anything from the past...As ever, add your favorites or add your own. 

Below is the list of all the Movies mentioned last year for reference.
Ben Tuttle gives us a high tension invasion scenario.  Nightmare fuel for 2020!

By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
Hmmm, I see three of mine there, but not this one (I usually do one each Halloween but I'm not sure I'll have the time this year.  We'll see):

Awesome Dark Ride KT!  I had never seen this one.  I worked on my own dark ride prop a ways back but it never got finished (though my youtube feed got filled up with the CarpetBaggers many carnival and dark ride reviews.  Also rode the Coney Island Spook-O-Rama for research).  Yours was very nice.  The House of Horror video I posted in here last year was a very early version of a virtual Haunted House (but you got to use your virtual legs..hehe).  Good one!
By 3dtester - 4 Years Ago
Very cool Mr. Kelley and TheBiz.
I just had to comment because i watched both videos and enjoyed them a lot Smile

Can't wait to see what y'all are coming up with this year.
Not that i'm into Halloween that much but i like those iClone movies Wink
I for myself am far from being able to make one yet...
This was my introduction to Nikofilm (IcloneCartoonStory) and its a super fun little horror short with many of his filming trademarks (shiny, very good camerawork and lighting, effective short motifs).  Not sure how I failed to add this one last year when it came out.

By Gerskey - 4 Years Ago
Hi Biz,
hopefully you can add this video for your Happy Iclone Halloween Collection. It's not much, however, enjoy, here you go, stay safe all!

Peace
Gerskey

In space no-one can hear you scream but at home staring at a computer screen my family definitely heard my response to Alien - The Message from Direx1975.  Incredibly well made cat and mouse Scifi fan film with the horror elements notched up to levels seen in the original film.  So good!  

Hot off the press, here's a Greg Sin production of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Classic tale well told with heaps of historic and expansive scenery, a great cast of VAs, fluid animations and some chilling moments.  Yay!  I mean BOOO!

The three part Zudbury by Anold Sch definitely wins the 2020 gore crown with this very well made zombie tale.  Following an excellent special effects laden meteor shower, the film is chock full of nasty zombie deaths that fall across the full spectrum (from squishy to choppy to splattery).   Creepy, scary and gory is the Halloween trifecta!

Here's a spooktacular little short from ThorstenMihm (Time Slip director): Hallo Halloween