Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone is available now!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic370227.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By n.huebner_158245 - Last Year
Im mostly using the one with the 1080 Ti and the first one. On these two i also tried the Python Version without success. Same result.
I had the idea to update installed Python SDK Version, but that didnt help either. By the way german forum is sending me here because
almost no one is using MotionLIVE Plugins there Smile. Thank you for support.
By ken_1171 - 2 Years Ago
Not sure why, but I am getting "access denied" from my download link to "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in". The link to the plugin works, but the one for the profile gets this error.
By Rampa - 2 Years Ago
pruiz (6/9/2018)
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have (1) the leap motion device set up with the leap motion Orion setup on Win - leap motion control panel ays all fine and connected  (2)  Motion live plugin for iclone (3) leap motion profile for motion live plugin. Motion live opens in iclone but will not locate the gear. Adding gear and adding character with + are 'dead' and will not connect.
I am sure I have missed something - can anyone please suggest where I have made a mistake?

Pretty sure you need V2, not Orion. You can download it here. Make sure you download the Desktop version.
https://www.leapmotion.com/setup
By Kelleytoons - Last Year
Okay, the last machine will most likely NOT work (so leave it out).

What is the current machine you are using right now?  Let's concentrate on it -- any of the first three should be fine (although, honestly, I'd skip the first one only because iClone can only use one GPU and it might be complicating things.  Let's stick to one GPU, either the 1080 or the Titan).

On either of those two, did you try the Python version?  
By chrisserketbeta - 6 days ago
More than a month ago I tried the trial version of leap motion profile and everything worked fine. But today I just bought leap motion profile, and when I try to install it with the normal installer I get the following error:

if I try to install it through the REALLUSION HUB, I get this:

I thought it was because I had to have the TRIAL version of the plugins installed, so I tried to install it again but it leads me directly to installing the full version.
I do not understand what happens, until more than a month ago with the trial version it worked wonderfully, but the full version throws errors when installing.
What is this about?
I still have the most current version of Motion Live (I checked to make sure).
Hopefully someone can help me, because I don't want to have to resort to asking for a refund of my money.
Greetings.

By Kelleytoons - 2 Years Ago
So very nice, Grace, to allow us owners of Faceware (and those who own the PN) to get a free copy of Motion Live.  That's generous and unexpected -- I did expect a members price (which you also provide to those who don't own one of those plugins, and that price is fair as well) but I didn't think I'd get it for free.  So, thanks mucho.

I'm kind of in the middle of seeing if I can actually transfer my license over to my new machine, but hopefully this release will give the impetus to the Faceware folks to get their act together (and, of course, any help RL can provide on those lines would be appreciated).  Since I already own Leap I'm definitely looking forward to trying all this out today.
By pruiz - 2 Years Ago
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have (1) the leap motion device set up with the leap motion Orion setup on Win - leap motion control panel ays all fine and connected  (2)  Motion live plugin for iclone (3) leap motion profile for motion live plugin. Motion live opens in iclone but will not locate the gear. Adding gear and adding character with + are 'dead' and will not connect.
I am sure I have missed something - can anyone please suggest where I have made a mistake?
Well, I'm hardly support for it.  I own it (as well as the Leap) and so I have experience with it, but RL ought to be supporting you somewhere, no matter where that might be.

I would concentrate on the 1080 Ti for now (again, multiple GPUs might complicate things).  The first thing I'd do is, leaving the Python iClone alone (IOW, that's what we'll use as it's what I'm using), uninstall Motion Live AND the Leap Controller and Live Face controller (you can leave the Live app on your phone alone).  Run an integrity check on your hard drive to make sure it's okay.  Then reinstall manually those programs (MotionLive and the two plugins for Leap and LiveFace) and make sure you authorize them during install.  

In your directory Program Files\Reallusion\iClone7\Bin64\OpenPlugin\MotionLive\Script\module you ought to have two PYD files, a leapmotion and a live face.  Make sure those are both there and tell me the date on both of those files (date modified).  

See what happens -- while I am in no way a Reallusion programmer I did have many decades of programming experience and just offhand it sounds like neither the Leap nor the Motion Live modules are installed (or not installed correctly -- could even be corrupted).
By Erdicaptero - 2 Years Ago
ken_1171 (6/4/2018)
Not sure why, but I am getting "access denied" from my download link to "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in". The link to the plugin works, but the one for the profile gets this error.

The same is happening to me with the "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in" and the "Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in". Also the tech support seems to be down and gives an error when trying to submit a message.
By pruiz - 2 Years Ago
Rampa (6/9/2018)
pruiz (6/9/2018)

Pretty sure you need V2, not Orion. You can download it here. Make sure you download the Desktop version.

Thank you, Rampa. How do I delete the previous Orion setup? I have tried downloading and installing the V2 desktop version and run into errors (dll etc.).
By Peter (RL) - Last Year
n.huebner_158245 (7/13/2019)
Im mostly using the one with the 1080 Ti and the first one. On these two i also tried the Python Version without success. Same result.
I had the idea to update installed Python SDK Version, but that didnt help either. By the way german forum is sending me here because
almost no one is using MotionLIVE Plugins there Smile. Thank you for support.

If you are still unable to resolve the problem, please keep in contact with Technical Support using the link below. They will try to resolve the problem for you.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
By Peter (RL) - 2 Years Ago
ken_1171 (6/4/2018)

Are you using the Reallusion Hub to install the profiles? If not please try using the Hub but if you still get an error, please post a screenshot so we can see what is going on. Thanks.
By pruiz - 2 Years Ago
pruiz (6/9/2018)
Rampa (6/9/2018)
pruiz (6/9/2018)

Thank you, Rampa. How do I delete the previous Orion setup? I have tried downloading and installing the V2 desktop version and run into errors (dll etc.).

I deleted the Orion setup in WIN but cannot get the V2 version to install without multiple 'error opening core services' error messages. How do I wipe the software and install from scratch, please?
Peter (RL) (6/4/2018)
ken_1171 (6/4/2018)

Are you using the Reallusion Hub to install the profiles? If not please try using the Hub but if you still get an error, please post a screenshot so we can see what is going on. Thanks.

But how can I install something that cannot be downloaded? When I click the provided download link for "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in", it gets me to an error page claiming "access denied". See screenshot below shows the web page with the error when I click the download link. The link for the plugin itself works fine. Hope this helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82529ea-4484-4773-8fdb-5ec0.jpg
By daeotten - Last Year
Does anyone know if the Bellus3d camera for windows and andriod would work with Live Face
see attached link for more on the Bellus3d camera.
looking for alternative to the Iphone x
https://www.bellus3d.com/product
By raxel_67 - 2 Years Ago
Maybe i dreamt it but wasn't there going to be support for optitrack mocap?
By SeanMac - Last Year
Apple says LiveFace only works with IOS devices.
By EvilGenius - Last Year
I want to know why this is only available on the iPhone.  

Android phones have equally powerful processors and cameras so there should be no reason as to why this is not also available to them as well.

Also, Adobe has Character Animator where people can use a desktop and a simple webcam to pull off the same effect.  Having said that, it only reinforces my initial question as to why this is only available on iPhone. 
Peter (RL) (6/5/2018)
How are you trying to install the "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in"? Are you using the download link from your Member Account > Registration page or are you using the Reallusion Hub?

I have tried the download link from the email I have received from Reallusion, and also the one from my Member Account > Registration. Both of them end up in the error message you can see from the previous message above. When I try with the Reallusion Hub, clicking the install button on the profile file end up with "Update failed!" error message in red. I have already installed the plugin, so it's only the profile that won't download, no matter in what way I try to get it. They all seem to point to the same source, where access permission is not being granted.
By Peter (RL) - Last Year
Stevano (3/11/2019)
I am new to iPhones and I have a new iPhone xs max. I have been trying to find the Live Face App to install without success. I tried using iTunes on my PC but an error pops up every time i click 'GET'.
Is there an alternative source for this Free App (maybe .ipa) so that I can buy the plugins for Facial Mocap.
Thanks.

You should have an icon for the App Store on your iPhone. Just open that and search for Reallusion. The Live Face App will probably be the first thing listed.
By SeanMac - Last Year
Re: Android phones and Mocap
I understand the coming LG G8 ThinQ has the necessary infra-red dot projection and Time of Flight camera, https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/01/26/lg-g8-thinq-first-press-renders/

Launching February https://www.mwcbarcelona.com/
By Jfrog - 2 Years Ago
So very nice, Grace, to allow us owners of Faceware (and those who own the PN) to get a free copy of Motion Live.  That's generous and unexpected -- I did expect a members price (which you also provide to those who don't own one of those plugins, and that price is fair as well) but I didn't think I'd get it for free.

The free version for earlier adopters was announced a few months ago. But the Motion live can be bought now at $100 (member special) and it includes the motion leap profil. Since we still have tro buy the leap motion profile at $99, the real discount is $1,. Not that much of a deal for early adopter.   Doze   
By Stevano - Last Year
Thank you. There is an issue with my iPhone. Its being addressed.
By dogged2003 - 2 Years Ago
Greetings!

Tell me, what are the best tools I can use for animal mo-сap (Non-Human)?

Could you tell me examples and video guides.

Thank you.
ken_1171 (6/4/2018)

But how can I install something that cannot be downloaded? When I click the provided download link for "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in", it gets me to an error page claiming "access denied". See screenshot below shows the web page with the error when I click the download link. The link for the plugin itself works fine. Hope this helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82529ea-4484-4773-8fdb-5ec0.jpg

How are you trying to install the "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in"? Are you using the download link from your Member Account > Registration page or are you using the Reallusion Hub?
By Stevano - Last Year
I am new to iPhones and I have a new iPhone xs max. I have been trying to find the Live Face App to install without success. I tried using iTunes on my PC but an error pops up every time i click 'GET'.
Is there an alternative source for this Free App (maybe .ipa) so that I can buy the plugins for Facial Mocap.
Thanks.
im stuck here,
i stumbled over this forum while looking for a solution to get MotionLIVE Plugins LIVEFACE and LEAPMotion to work.
i installed on 4 different Machines, updated every thing to newest Version, installed reinstalled with and without Reallusion Hub,
with admin rights and whatever... i read the Manual 4-5 times on how to setup LIVEFACE and whatnot... 
Its always the same result: When i try to Add a Gear on Face or Hand LIVEFACE and LEAPMOTION show up but when i click the tabs,
they disappear and NOTHING Happens. Im running then App on the Iphone X i tried Wifi Hotspot and USB and Machine and LIVEFACE have
correct IP... i started to investigate further and found the Console Log under Scripts tab. Whenever in click the LIVEFACE and LEAPMOTION
Buttons after adding gear they disappear AND the Console Log prints something about AttributeErrors. This cant be a coincidence on 4 different
machines... im running the german Version of iClone 7. Im in the middle of a production, having a character and cant do facial and finger animation.
I contacted german support 2 weeks ago, and they need 3 days to respond that i should read the manuals and update software and run the app on the iphone.
they keep telling me this even after i clearly described whats going on. its ridiculous. I found iClone to be a real production Weapon but Support for
MotionLIVE is a joke. To everyone with the same issues, check the Console Log under Scripts Tab. 

In my case it prints this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/Reallusion/iClone 7/Bin64/OpenPlugin/MotionLIVE\motionlivekit.py", line 68, in add_device_to_list
return motion_live_device_module.add_device_to_list(device_group, qml_module_name, device_name, device_id)
  File "motionlive.py", line 493, in motionlive.MotionLiveDeviceModule.add_device_to_list
  File "liveface.py", line 154, in liveface.LiveFace.__init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 13886, in <lambda>   
__getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, RTcpClient, name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 80, in _swig_getattr
raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (class_type.__name__, name))
AttributeError
'RTcpClient' object has no attribute 'RegisterNetworkCallback'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/Reallusion/iClone 7/Bin64/OpenPlugin/MotionLIVE\motionlivekit.py", line 68, in add_device_to_list
return motion_live_device_module.add_device_to_list(device_group, qml_module_name, device_name, device_id)
  File "motionlive.py", line 493, in motionlive.MotionLiveDeviceModule.add_device_to_list
  File "liveface.py", line 154, in liveface.LiveFace.__init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 13886, in <lambda>
__getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, RTcpClient, name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 80, in _swig_getattr

raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (class_type.__name__, name))
AttributeError
'RTcpClient' object has no attribute 'RegisterNetworkCallback'

By charly Rama - Last Year
One of the answers of this question is : because of Apple bought the soft called faceshift and put it on iphone X as compatible with the camera of iphone X. Even if android has the same camera, faceshift technology is needed to be inside the android phone but as apple bought it...
By rollasoc - 2 Years Ago
Jfrog (6/6/2018)
The free version for earlier adopters was announced a few months ago. But the Motion live can be bought now at $100 (member special) and it includes the motion leap profil. Since we still have tro buy the leap motion profile at $99, the real discount is $1,. Not that much of a deal for early adopter.   Doze   

Yep, that was my disappointment too.   Strange also that the profile is $99, when the hardware / software is way less than that.  Don't have $99 to stump up at the moment. So my leap controller, will remain on the shelf a little longer then.
first machine tested: I7-5960X @ 3GHz, with 6 GPUs (RTX 2080 Ti), latest Drivers
second machine tested: 1x 1080Ti, latest Drivers
third machine tested: 1x Titan V, latest Drivers
fourth machine: 2x AMD FireGl Pro latest available Drivers.

By rollasoc - 2 Years Ago
Jfrog (6/6/2018)

So Peter, if I buy motion live at $100 to get the free motion leap profile, can I then sell the Motion Live, since I already have it and don't need 2 copies of it?
Ok.
i checked out that Python Version of iClone. Same thing happening. Same AttributeError in Console Log File.
This is making me nuts. I cant use MotionLIVE and i need to implement Facial Animation for a Project. Support
is not reacting.
By Jfrog - 2 Years Ago
Yep, that was my disappointment too.  Strange also that the profile is $99, when the hardware / software is way less than that.  Don't have $99 to stump up at the moment. So my leap controller, will remain on the shelf a little longer then.

The Motion Live plugin is 50% off. I think the motion profil should be the same for the next few days.  I am not ready to spend $100 for the leap motion profil now neither .

But on the good side,  we (early adopter) saved a whole one dollar.     Wink

im still in contact with german RL support, and they still keep asking me if im using latest Versions and have the iphone app running while testing...
they say they cant reproduce the problem, and say nothing to the logfile that i posted that clearly states that there is a problem when calling python attributes.
i asked them if they could switch my licence from german to english but i didnt get an answer to that too...
Erdicaptero (6/4/2018)

The same is happening to me with the "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in" and the "Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in". Also the tech support seems to be down and gives an error when trying to submit a message.

Please also try using the Reallusion Hub to install the profiles and post a screenshot if you still get an error message. Thanks.

For the Support Form issue, we are not aware of any problems so please try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that makes a difference.
By pruiz - 2 Years Ago
pruiz (6/9/2018)
pruiz (6/9/2018)
Rampa (6/9/2018)
pruiz (6/9/2018)

I deleted the Orion setup in WIN but cannot get the V2 version to install without multiple 'error opening core services' error messages. How do I wipe the software and install from scratch, please?

I have tried reinstalling both Leap desktop versions 2.3 and 3.1 and cannot get  leap to connect in iclone. A server shows in the leap motion page but no gear shows connected. I have tried reinstalling both the motion live profile and the plugin. Please suggest a way to start this from scratch. I just cannot get this to work.
What GPU are you using?  And have you updated to the latest drivers?
Peter (RL) (6/6/2018)Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear the problem continues.

So we can take a closer look at what is happening, please can you contact Technical Support using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt and error message screenshots.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

It sounds like a permissions issue but they will be able to check to see what is going on. Thanks.

Thank you, it's resolved now. They sent me a bunch of links until one of the them worked. That won't help next time an update comes out, though, since the Reallusion Hub also seems to be unable to handle permissions with this profile in particular. Everything else works. 
By Stevano - Last Year
As you look for the solution to this problem, I would suggest you avoid panicking, as this could make a simple solution impossible. Have you tried using the two Mocap plugins  separately in your production or must the recording be done simultaneously. 
By Grace (RL) - 2 Years Ago
Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone - Available Now!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6c538c57-390d-400c-8ffe-4966.jpg

The world's first unified mocap platform planned in the 2018 Roadmap is released!

Motion LIVE well aggregates motion data streams from industry leading mocap devices, and drives 3D characters’ faces, hands and bodies simultaneously.  The intuitive plug-and-play design makes connecting complicated mocap devices a simple selection.  Motion LIVE is ready to animate custom imported characters or fully-rigged 3D characters generated by Character Creator, Daz, or from other industry standard source. This solution will greatly benefit the virtual production, live tv show, and web broadcasting.  Visit the Website

For those who already purchased the Faceware or/and Perception Neuron Plug-in(s), now it's time to have a free upgrade to the Motion LIVE and the corresponding Profile(s). 
For the users or studios that just have the intention to enter the mocap world, it's definitely a great chance to start!    

*Motion LIVE requires iClone 7.22 

Product Environment Overview 

Check out this unified user interface which combines all tracking features with centralized preview and record capability. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/88e82b6e-daf9-40b1-ac6a-d051.jpg

Quick Video Guides 

Before the full production of the video tutorials are ready, please check out these simple video guides that help you get started.
More learning resources and commercial visuals will come after the release, so be sure to check back later.
  • Duo Character Capture Using Perception Neuron

• Combine Perception Neuron & Xsens

• Enable Faceware Capture along with Body Mocap
  • Add Hand Tracking from Leap Motion Controller

Learn the Full Features from the Manual 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d0cc6d2b-cf18-4582-ad9f-b805.jpg

FAQ:  

Please share your thoughts and works of the Motion LIVE plug-in in this forum.
If you only use one of the target Profiles, you may discuss in each forum: 

Cheers!
Motion LIVE team

By animagic - 2 Years Ago
So it looks like for those that already have the free Motion Live deal but don't have Leap Motion yet, it is still better to buy an extra full Motion Live package, as it will also give you a 10% coupon for Leap Motion Universal Dev bundle (in case you want the VR head set mount)...Unsure

You lose $1, but you gain $9 (10% off $89.99)...Tongue

RL Math should be taught in school...Crazy
You don't have to post the same message in multiple places on this forum (that's considered spamming).

See my reply to you on the first place you posted.