Seamless walk cycle in iclone

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic349455.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By karl.trolenberg - 7 Years Ago
I am using iclone 7 and have a question about creating seamless walk cycles. I have a puppet clip of a character walking that I created in motion puppet. I want  to be able to save out the clip to use on other characters. When I loop the clip the characters end pose doesn't match up seamlessly with the beginning. How can I fix this?
By Kelleytoons - 7 Years Ago
If you set a key at the start of the cycle and then copy this same key to the very end you ought to be able to end up with something "seamless".
I am fairly new to iclone. Would I be adding a key in the motion layer? As of now the add key button is grayed out.

Thanks
You need to select whatever layer you are going to key, and then the add key will be available.  And, yes, it will be the motion layer.
Even after selecting the motion layer the add key button is grayed out. Selecting the puppet clip doesn't work either.
I have to go out to the doctor right now but if no one else has helped you when I get back I'll post a screen shot or something.
Thanks for your help!
By mark - 7 Years Ago
I'm using iClone 7.1 and did a Motion Puppet basic walk with Christian. I found the "looping" point at about frame 85. I "right-clicked" on the clip in the layer and used the "Break" command, deleted the rest of the animation on the layer then used the "loop" function to repeat the clip in the layer and had a pretty good looping walk. You could then collect the "Main" animation clip without the extended loops you made and save it and use it with other avatars. I could be wrong but  I think this is what you are trying to do.
By Keith_MPS - 7 Years Ago
I posted a response in your other thread on this topic:
https://forum.reallusion.com/349466/Seamless-walk-cycle-in-ICLONE-7

It includes a few things to look at, including breaking the clip as Mark has done.