Rockband Instruments colliding with actors

Posted By Roobarb 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jwm2002
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Paumanok West (11/10/2010)
Roobarb (11/10/2010)
I see the guitar sinking into his body on guitar solo animations.... is this something I need to deal with through collision detection or just hands on timeline editing?

OK, so here's the deal. We purchase iClone and several content packs for something in the rough ballpark of $500. At that point, we have in effect just hired a group of virtual programmers, character designers, background designers, FX designers, mocap studios, and, above all, animators to produce the guts of an animated short. That's roughly hundreds of thousands of dollars of professional animation horsepower, in a neat little box, accessible 24/7, 365.

Dude, you really need to stop smoking crack and posting immediately afterwards.  For some reason, you remind me of an iClone version of an oompa-loompa - you're post are somewhat entertaining but often make no sense and by the time I've finished reading them, I'm already wishing that I could get those 30 seconds of my life back.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Test01 (11/17/2010)Dude, you really need to stop smoking crack and posting immediately afterwards. For some reason, you remind me of an iClone version of an oompa-loompa - you're post are somewhat entertaining but often make no sense and by the time I've finished reading them, I'm already wishing that I could get those 30 seconds of my life back.

Thanks for the handy info. Tongue

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Roobarb
Roobarb
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)Veteran Member (588 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago

colour (11/17/2010)
I don't have the Subject Pack.

However, in full frontal Wink view, if you deliberately move the guitar on the y axis into the player's body, so that it completelydisappears & then move it out of the player's body, so that the guitar just completely appears & no further. IMO, you'll get a more precise position to start with, after presumablyLinking & not Attaching the Guitar.

Rotate the Player for further views & adjustments, remembering to be at frame 1 at all times.

Yeah I tried doing this. I still have other problems, like if I reset the animation. the guitar and actor no longer animate together, the instrument and actor positions are way out on preset animations and the animations crash iClone. I've also seen a crosstalk issue where instruments and actors that are not linked animate together.

£90 for this set, I expected better.
Edited
14 Years Ago by Roobarb
Willz75
Willz75
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I;ve been having fun with the rock band add on with iClone - and the Character creator!  Sure, the hands don't always stick to where you want them but using the edit in motion and slowly moving through they can be re-aligned.  I have two so far - note these are not official videos but the music is used with permission!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPX9A8Z0qYI  and  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7loyCnKvUk

Reading This Topic