Luxrender import?

Posted By Dreamcube017 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So this thought was inspired by another user in the iClone 5 thread...

What if we could export the scenes to LuxRender or something (Preferably an opensource software renderer) That'd be awesome. It could be a plugin.

That way we could render things in iClone or out....

Just a thought.

The reason I suggest this aside from things looking epic is that even though you can doo all this stuff in some other 3D app like 3DS or Lightwave... it's so complex and so many other little things you have to do and worry about. In iClone... you just DO IT.

Plus all those other software have VERY LAME preview windows... OpenGL can do so much... yet EVERY OPENGL PREVIEW WINDOW SUCKS!!!!! No shadows... not even a TRY at making shaders look HALF of what they do when you render... IRRITATING.

iClone is easy and great to use and it'd be really awesome if we could have the option of exporting the scene to Lux render or something...

Yes i know it would take a long time to render and things will look a bit different in lux, so we'd have to redo the lighting... but it'd still be worth it I think.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic