"World" scale ? Stretch and squash a rotating ball

Posted By theo.flores Yesterday
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
theo.flores
Posted Yesterday
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hello everyone,

I'm new to iClone and try to get to get familiar with the software by making the classic boucing ball.
The ball is entering from the left of the frame and going out on the right, rotating for more realism. Also, it's the beachball, so you can definitly see how it is rotated.

I would like to stretch and squash it. But since it's constantly rotating, of course the scale gizmo doesn't match the direction i'd like to stretch and squash the ball. I heard a method would be to use morphs, but it this case i guess it would mean make a morph in the right direction for each frame, which seams to me a bit too much of work. I was wondering what is the more efficient method i missed, if there was for instance a way to do a "World" scale somehow.

Thanks in advance if you have the answer !

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Yesterday
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
If you have a flat UV unwrap for the ball (similar to what iClone default spheres unwrap look like) and a single material,
you may emulate ball rotation by sliding texture without actually spinning the ball.
Need to play with UV offset, figure right direction (U or V) as well as correct angle facing the camera.

Edited
8 hours ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic