Profile Picture

Hello… I’m John and I need some help…

Posted By mister.john 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mister.john
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi…. I’m John from the UK.  

A long time ago, I bought Crazy Talk 8 for my MacBook Pro. For various reasons, I didn’t really get to use it.

Now I’m retired… and I’m looking for advice. Let me explain.

I teach English to non-native speakers, mainly adults. I want to create talking heads which will lip-sync with pre-recorded dialogue. If possible, I’d like to turn videos of real talking heads into avatars. 
Possibly (but only a distant possibility), it might be nice to create simple scenes for the characters (sitting and chatting at home, walking in the park, walking down a street, etc).

The thing is: teaching, creating materials, recording, handling online remote lessons… all this takes up a lot of time. Since I am retired, time is not on my side. If I were a lot younger, I’d love to dive deep into the artistry and technology. As it is, I need something / some software which won’t turn out to be a long, deep rabbit hole.

Any ideas? Have I come to the right place? 

Don’t be afraid to tell me I’m barking at the moon. In the end, we appreciate truth - however hard to handle - rather than flannel. 

Thanks for reading.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi John

The same features that were available in CrazyTalk are also available in our latest release Cartoon Animator 5. This allows you to take a facial photo or drawing and make it talk with automatic lip-sync. However, unlike CrazyTalk you can also animate full bodied characters as well and add props and other scenery. A trial version is available if you would like to check it out.

Please Note: Cartoon Animator 5 is a Windows only product and not available for Macs sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic