Correct Eyeblink Seems off.

Posted By ApplebiteMedia 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The original character with the headshot import closes fine. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d429cf9-10b8-4d25-9196-693a.png

However, change the shape of the eyes and the eyes do not seem to close as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9af2860f-d23e-4859-81a9-69b6.png

II have not made any extreme modifications on this character as I have below which seems to work fine.  Of course the below image had the eyes corrected in CC3 but imported into CC4 fine. I also clicked correct eyrblink on that character to see if CC4 would undo anything that was done previously. It did not change anything as you can see.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c78e7560-44cd-4440-a747-6537.png

Is this a CC issue or a Headshot issue?   Is there a way to fix this?  Is anyone else having issues with this? 

Thanks

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I have not had an issue so far and Correct Eyeblink worked fine (including toon character in the video).

First try saving character, then bake sliders and try to use Correct Eyeblink again.

If you still have an issue then you'd probably have to fix it externally and import as a blend shape.

Here is how. I did not show the routine of closing eyes in Blender. Just general sculpt and mesh edit.
In your case if should not be hard as the gap is very small it seems.

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Maybe it's an issue with headshot then. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b0f5c6e8-be40-470c-bd7e-d827.png

Same character, Same headshot image....  heavier eye mods... CC3 works fine.   This model was originally created in CC3  then opened with CC4.  Maybe that is the issue.  It shouldn't be, the toonie one was also a CC3 original build then opened in CC4.

Either way... it works fine in CC3.   Something in the new version is off.   I should not need extra steps when this worked perfectly in CC3. Also, my Blender skills are basic sculpting and buildings.... I am not good with characters in blender at all yet.

EDIT - Thanks for the video.  I have not been able to get the expression editor to work for me.  That helps a little. that is an issue for another thread though. I do have one in it too somewhere in here. BigGrin

(www.applebitemedia.com)

Edited
2 Years Ago by ApplebiteMedia
Smit_R
Smit_R
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
On top off what 4u2ges suggested, you can fix this in CC4 itself.
I've also encountered this eye-blink problem on toons and find this tute (not by me) quite usefull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOlsJFZcHw

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks all... let's hope they will fix this issue. 

I am not sure what they changed in CC4 but CC3 worked fine.  

I have another post about missing sliders and that CC4 is not allowing the mixing of shapes anymore thus limiting creativity. Hell, I have an entire set of characters made from mixing toon and human sliders.  I cannot make new ones in CC4, I need to keep CC3 for this until fixed (if they fix it).  Sad 

Honestly, CC4 may have a couple of nice new features but they have broken some too.  More of a lateral change and not an upgrade LOL!   Wink

(www.applebitemedia.com)

Angel Valtierra
Angel Valtierra
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)Junior Member (102 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Cool vid, this is how I'm currentyl fixing all expressions -manually-, both  in external blender and inside of CC4 asss in the vid @Smith_R posted, but I feel very dumb because I can't seem to find CC3's "correct eyeblink" option which used to be in the "Modify" menu right on top in the previous CC release, could you please point me out to where I can find it now in CC4 please? I'd much appreciate it. 
Edited
2 Years Ago by Angel Valtierra
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Angel Valtierra (7/16/2022)
Cool vid, this is how I'm currentyl fixing all expressions -manually-, both  in external blender and inside of CC4 asss in the vid @Smith_R posted, but I feel very dumb because I can't seem to find CC3's "correct eyeblink" option which used to be in the "Modify" menu right on top in the previous CC release, could you please point me out to where I can find it now in CC4 please? I'd much appreciate it. 

Honestly, I never had to do anything manual in CC3.... that version seemed to do the job very well with just one click.  I was surprised to see this lacking in the newer version.

But to answer your question, the link is Character/Correct Eyeblink.  Should be 3rd up from the bottom.  BigGrin

(www.applebitemedia.com)

Reading This Topic