Posted By Fionn (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

iClone 8 : Work in Progress Part Two—Anyone Can Animate

Author
Fionn (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year

Dear iClone Users,

In the prior iClone 8 Work In Progress, we envisioned a future of efficient and enjoyable 3D animation, beginning with the unveiling of Motion Director and cutting-edge interactive motion editing functionalities. 

For WIP II, we’d like to highlight newer features built into iClone 8 that will help pro studios and indie developers maximize their productivity. For example, Pose Mixer lets you mix and match motions with a few simple clicks. While Curve Editor makes it easy to produce cartoon animations. In brief, iClone 8 makes it possible to create high-quality animations in a shorter time-frame while making the process fun!

You can check the 3D Character Creation & Animation webpage for more information about the free-upgrade offer, feature comparison, and FAQs. 

The following functions are featured in the Work-in-Progress video of Part Two :

Rotoscope

Pose Mixer

Expandable Character-centric Timeline

Curve Editor

We’re firmly convinced that ’Anyone Can Animate’ is not just a promotion slogan but a truly achievable future by using our tools.
More frame-by-frame details are elaborated in our 
latest news here

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9ec56f87-9ab5-4e33-903c-3072.png

It’s worth mentioning that ‘Motion-based Innovations’ is the main focus of the Part Two video. And all the updated features are marked in blue in the technical document of Part One. You can find the revised version (Jan. 24, 2022) at the same link here.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0394c4e3-1ed5-42fe-af33-bec9.png

Lastly, we’ll continue introducing more features in the coming months before the official launch in Spring. As your feedbacks are valuable for us to finalise our products, please feel free to contact our Support Team should you have any question. Or, simply join the discussions here.

We look forward to hearing your opinions and can’t wait to share the next update with you.

Kind regards,
Reallusion team  

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Amazing improvements. Cool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
I can't wait Smile 

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
There are some great new features, congratulations to your team.
I have a question I'm wondering, can the technical team answer?
According to my research, two characters walking in iclon do not collide with each other, they pass through each other. Will there be a physics feature for the character body in iclon 8? Will there be a character trait that collides and falls to the ground because of it? Or will there be physical features such as the movement of the character's belly while walking?
Fionn (RL)
Fionn (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
animasyoncugu (1/30/2022)
There are some great new features, congratulations to your team.
I have a question I'm wondering, can the technical team answer?
According to my research, two characters walking in iclon do not collide with each other, they pass through each other. Will there be a physics feature for the character body in iclon 8? Will there be a character trait that collides and falls to the ground because of it? Or will there be physical features such as the movement of the character's belly while walking?

Hi animasyoncugu,

Thanks for the question. Although the collision function is not included in the current version of iClone 8 yet, we plan to integrate this function into our Motion Director system in the near future.  Therefore, the issue of colliding/falling to the ground will be covered in the upgraded version of iClone 8 as well. Hope it helps Smile

animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Edited
2 Years Ago by animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you very much for your reply. I was happy to receive detailed answers.
may I ask one more thing ? blender announced that their development will be faster, reallusion, will their next development be faster or will we have to wait a long time?
Will we be able to see the wrinkle system in the version to be published in April? Can the movements in the purchased packages be added to the motion director system? Finally, will it be possible to get 8k output? I know I asked a lot of questions, thank you in advance for your valuable answers.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
animasyoncugu (2/9/2022)
Can the movements in the purchased packages be added to the motion director system?

I was wondering about the answer to this question too Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
You can export 8K images sequence with IC 7 , so I presume you can do with IC 8.
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello, in the what to Expect in 2020: iClone post, it states that part of the visual enhancements.
Enhanced TAA for Animated Render
Compared to iClone7, TAA designed for static frame render, the newly enhanced TAA can effectively remove alias flickering in animation, and give a much faster render output.

Is this feature still part of the upgrade for iClone 8?

Thank you for your time.
Best Regards.
Kevin L.

Warped Reality VFX.

Reading This Topic