Character creator skeleton - unreal engine - retro compatibility

Posted By fromsouthgames 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character creator skeleton - unreal engine - retro compatibility

Author
fromsouthgames
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
In some new version of character creator, more bones were added to the UE4 generatoed skeleton, which makes the pre-existing characters in projects not compatible with the new ones ( or I must use two different skeletons, duplicate all the work and the necessary assets), animp blueprints , animations, EVERYTHING.

Is it possible to choose which version of skeleton is used?
Or is it possible to download an older version of character creator?

otherwise you basically broke backward compatibility with ongoing projects.

Thanks.
Edited
3 Years Ago by fromsouthgames
fromsouthgames
fromsouthgames
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
After doing some more research, I found that only some combination of characters / cloths cause extra bones to be added.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b2a3c112-4f99-4dc5-a8a1-3684.jpg

This extra bones breaks the unral engine skeleton compatibility with older versions of character creator chars.

thanks

theLight
theLight
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi, I also have an issue where CC3 adds new bones and because of this, my animations don't work... they look like my characters are melting. I need my CC3 to export using an identical skeleton to UE4. It must not add new bones... is there a way to do this?? please help..
Edited
2 Years Ago by theLight

Reading This Topic