Hi Character Creator Users,
We are pleased to introduce the new release of Character Creator Omniverse Connector
, a plug-in of Character Creator 3 Pipeline
The Character Creator 3 (CC3) Omniverse Connector adds the power of a full character generation system with motions and unlimited creative variations to NVIDIA Omniverse. Professionals of any skill level can leverage the tools to create digital humans for projects with efficiency and without the need to outsource or forego digital humans due to cost or human resource challenges. For Reallusion iClone and CC users, Omniverse is an incredible addition allowing live coordination with other 3D tools, or with other computers via USD data interchange standard.*Character Creator Omniverse Connector will be available on Omniverse Launcher around 10AM, April 12th (PST).
Visit the webpage
to have the solution overview.NVIDIA Omniverse
NVIDIA Omniverse™ is an open platform built for virtual collaboration and real-time photorealistic simulation. Complex creator, designer, and engineering visual workflows are transformed as users and teams connect design tools, assets, and projects for collaborative iteration in a virtual world. Related Resource
- Download NVIDIA Omniverse
- Tutorials: a comprehensive training courses, ranging from Omniverse Create to each connector. If Omniverse Create is new to you, please watch the following courses first.
- Documentation: instruction and manual
- Forum: Omniverse announcements, general discussion for all aspects of the Omniverse Platform
The Character Creator Omniverse Connector
allows users to export characters, accessories, motions, and materials to USD and MDL. The file structure is well-organized, which allows users to easily replace content during collaboration.
*Motions could be downloaded from ActorCore - a vast library of motion capture, or add and edit custom motion with iClone, then motions could be exported along with character USD from Character Creator.File Update with Live Sync
For Character Creator 3.41, users who wish to render on the Omniverse Create will first need to export character and motion USD files to a designated folder, and load them into Omniverse Create. This version of Omniverse Create can only Live-Sync updated files. In order to achieve live updates, the character will first need to be exported in USD format, then activate the Live-Sync capability in Omniverse Create. Automatic updates will be triggered every time the file is overwritten (also works with textures). Live Sync real-time automatic updates is a feature that is slated for release in a later version.
- Does not include physics settings and collision shapes.
- Blend-shape (morph) animation are not supported. (coming in future release)
- CC Omniverse Connector was developed for Omniverse Create 2021.1. There are some known issues with this version that will be subsequently addressed and resolved with the release of Omniverse Create 2021.2:
- Appearance of line segments with the SSS shader, especially on the nose and jawline with the presence of an HDR enabled light dome.
- Appearance of excessively bright highlights with the SSS shader, e.g. oily lips.
- The character should be exported with the animation for the best possible result. For example, animation applied from a standard proportion to a smaller character will give unexpected/erroneous results.
Please check THIS POST
for full information of limitations and known issues.Related Resource
Last Month by