Export Expression

Posted By crantic 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello, I was able to export part of an expression clip, and it was exported as an .italk file. I was able to use that. 
I would like to do this again on another project, but I am only allowed that option on the first of three segments in that clip.
I want part of the third segment, and the option is not available. 
What is the difference between the first segment and the second or third? What must I do to the third segment in order to be able to export that expression clip?
Much thanks!
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Not sure about the terminology used -- to me 'segment' and 'clip' mean about the same thing.  Did you use the 'Break' command to break the 'clip' into 3 'segments'?  If not, you may find that all 3 'segments' are included in the saved 'clip'.  You can always break that apart when it is used in your animation.

Another possibility(?) is that the clip runs beyond the frame range of your project, which I think could cause problems if you tried to select/save it.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
4 Years Ago by gordryd
crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf7ffc9a-dac8-4538-ba06-ee22.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4cbe3394-53a8-4a88-8345-ef99.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/920a8282-d136-4347-b674-c97d.pngThanks. Here are screen prints of each segment of a clip. Not sure of correct terminology.  I would like to export part of the third clip as an expression. Why can't I, when the option is available on the first segment?

Edited
4 Years Ago by crantic
crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gordryd: Not sure why it is in parts, I have been doing so much I have trouble keeping track, unless I take notes, which I do, but not on this, it seemed so easy the first time on another project. I have tried the breaks and it makes no difference. I tried increasing the number of frames past the end of the video to no avail. 

One thing I now see with the screenshots lined up is that the first segment is not attached to the Viseme track, whereas #'s 2 and 3 are attached. How and why? Can I detach them? I have no idea, and if you or anybody has any input it would be appreciated! 
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Don't know if this is the solution, but I notice the Motion clip encompasses all 3 Expression clips and says "Merged".  You could try breaking the Motion clip at exact same frames as the Expression clips and see what happens.  If that messes up anything you can always Undo.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, I'll try it.

Reading This Topic