Profile Picture

Export to Blender, modify face, and come back to Character Creator ?

Posted By naoki_378132 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Export to Blender, modify face, and come back to Character Creator ?

Author
naoki_378132
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I created a face in Character Creator (CC), and I want to do additional modification in Blender.
I know how to export it in FBX and open in Blender, but I don't know how to come back.
I want to edit some vertices(not delete or add, just move) because it's quite easier than in CC.
When I export everything in FBX, and come back to CC, it says critical error.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3cd3ced6-20e4-4706-9123-825f.jpg
The strange thing is, it still has the skin data, and seems to be replaced and updated correctly.
I don't know this is a correct behavior or I should return and export again...
If somebody knows, I really appreciate your help.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Are you using Transformer?  That ought to handle the import correctly (indeed, I think I've done it that way before).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
naoki_378132
naoki_378132
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)

Kelleytoons
Thank you, I read the manual, and it says Transformer is for importing Daz studio and Poser's models... I couldn't import my blender one.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Yeah, it will only work if it starts off as a Daz model (which I've done -- exported as Daz, worked on in Blender, reimported via Transformer).

Don't know any other way to do it, though.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There could many different problems raising those errors.
Bones were renamed (willingly, or not). This is very common problem with Blender. Always start Blender fresh. Do not import more than once to a single instance of Blender (even if you deleted the original import, or undo, Blender can still rename bones with second import).
Weight data was lost for some bones (bone vertex groups were deleted from body mesh?).
Then what are Point001 (I do not like the name already because it has 001 - like some duplicate) and Group31032 mesh. Accessories? Maybe you unbound them from armature before export? There cannot be *loose* mesh while exporting out of Blender.

General rule is to not export anything from CC which you would not work on. That is if you work with face, export naked avatar from CC - nothing attached. Saves some trouble ahead.

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
The warning is because something was rigged in blender, and the rigging was to bones that are usually not rigged to. It will still work, but it may work better if you re-rig using the "Transfer Skin Weights" in CC3P. But if the accessory is your body mesh, then the naming that 4U2Ges mentions is likely the culprit. Always exit and restart Blender for every character. Blender holds stuff that you want gone if you just start a new file.

The others were extra nodes Blender nodes that are not used. Like empties, or something.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Rampa
naoki_378132
naoki_378132
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

4u2ges
Rampa

Hi, I tried re-export from CC and re-import in Blender. I had several mistook optional objects together in Blender. They were included in FBX from Blender...
Now I am doing modification in clean scene. And no problem occurs so far.
Thank you very much for quick reply, it was so helpful, thank you.
Jorickan
Jorickan
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)Junior Member (184 reputation)

Hi Naoki ! Did you manage to export to Blender then import back into CC ? I'm currently learning CC3 since a few days. Like you, I'd like to export from CC to Blender, to make some modifications, then finally import back to CC. Well, when I'm going to export, I have this warning message : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86a73f7-7dde-4e15-bd47-7738.png

What am I to understand exactly ? I will not be able to reimport my character into CC in any cases if I modify the mesh ??? Or is there a way to do so ? Or maybe I'm just limited by the trial version and it is possible to do what I'm saying with a complete version ? Could someone clarify that please ?
Edited
4 Years Ago by Jorickan
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You did not show the entire dialog. If you select Delete Hidden Faces at the bottom, then you would not be able to bring it back. And CC is telling you just that.

carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
i work with CC3 + Headshot and Blender since 1 Month and i figured out a good Way, but finaly i stuck on the Textures and Physics.

my workflow:
i create a characte based on my photo in CC3. i export it via FBX File to Blender, making some Cloths and Export it via FBX to UnrealENgine. Rigg is perfect no rpoblems (UE4 Position)
But now i have no Textures ( i replaced the textures like in the official video[diffuse,opacity etc.])

When i make a second Export from Blender again to CC3 again to become the Texture and from here finaly export to Ureal , CC3 wil overwrite some physics so that Mesh i had for a Cloth dosent work, even when i paint the Weight it dosent work.

My only way to have the Mesh from Bender is: mak CC character, export to Blender > export to Unreal and live with no Texture ?! can anyone help me in this case.
My Question is: What is the best way to make Clothes for CC3 in BLENDER to play with in Unreal Engine.
Thanks all
p.s.: I need to export import because with X Pose i can manage the Pants, but this Pose dosent work wit Unreal so i have to export from Blender to CC3 Again to make a T0 Pose for correct exporting to unreal, but in this case cc3 is overwrite every mesh data wth theire own and the wieght paint in unreal dosent work. thats my problem, i wnt to make a super heroe with cloak/cape. can anyone help me whats the best was ?! thanks
Edited
4 Years Ago by carlo1981

Reading This Topic