Profile Picture

Morph Linker (dynamically link bone angles to morphs)

Posted By The-any-Key 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
denclink
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The plugin is made as generic as possible.
Bone names are taken dynamically from the avatar you select on the scene.
Mesh names are also taken dynamically from the avatar.
Currently you type in the morph name by hand (no API to dynamically get the morph names yet)
So it should work for any avatar.

But also tested with a new imported DAZ character:

This is very promising.  Have you made this script available yet, if so I would love to try it.  
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
denclink (1/7/2019)

This is very promising.  Have you made this script available yet, if so I would love to try it.  

I plan to sell it on the plugin marketplace that is coming in Q4. This will also give me time to test it and create tutorials on how to use it. And I would like to enter the plugin design contest in Q2. I don't know if I can sell them outside RL and still be able to sell them in the coming RL store and participate in the contest at the same time. Maybe someone from RL could give a comment on that.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The-any-Key (1/6/2019)But note that some old iProps like this old cat dont have a morph layer. So it can not be animated with morphs.

RL!
Due to this situation, we need an API to create new tracks in the Timeline. I want to create my layers for NonHuman bones. To group as I need and manage as for CC.

My YouTube channel.
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

dogged2003 (1/7/2019)
The-any-Key (1/6/2019)But note that some old iProps like this old cat dont have a morph layer. So it can not be animated with morphs.

RL!
Due to this situation, we need an API to create new tracks in the Timeline. I want to create my layers for NonHuman bones. To group as I need and manage as for CC.

This is due to that the iProp was old and outdated. But I found a workaround.
1# Open the old iprop in iClone.
2# Send old iprop to morph creator.
3# Add morph to the iprop in the morph creator (You must add at least one morph to update the iprop)
4# Send by replace/add new (Do NOT use "update")
5# Remove old prop
6# Save the newly created iprop to your custom tree (that is now updated and can use morph keys :-)

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The-any-Key (1/7/2019)
I plan to sell it on the plugin marketplace that is coming in Q4. This will also give me time to test it and create tutorials on how to use it. And I would like to enter the plugin design contest in Q2. I don't know if I can sell them outside RL and still be able to sell them in the coming RL store and participate in the contest at the same time. Maybe someone from RL could give a comment on that.

If there's a mailing list somewhere for news of your release, I'd love to be on  it.  Something like this is really what I've been looking for, and I'd love to be able to try it out as soon as it's ready. 
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

will2power71 (1/13/2019)
The-any-Key (1/7/2019)

If there's a mailing list somewhere for news of your release, I'd love to be on  it.  Something like this is really what I've been looking for, and I'd love to be able to try it out as soon as it's ready. 

Hi.
Glad you are interested in my plugin. I created a subscription for my plugins here:
https://mailchi.mp/21e02cb6fb48/takicp

Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The-any-Key (1/7/2019)
denclink (1/7/2019)

Hi The-any-Key,

You can sell your plugins anywhere.
The one exception is you have a contract or agreement with RL, such as we sponsor or help you to make plugins.
However, selling them in RL Marketplace is the easiest way for developers since it can let you reach the most iClone users in one place!

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Tony (RL) (1/14/2019)

Hi The-any-Key,

You can sell your plugins anywhere.
The one exception is you have a contract with RL, such as we sponsor you to make plugins.
However, selling them in RL Marketplace is the easiest way for developers since it can let you reach the most iClone users in one place!

Good to know. Thanks for making it clear.

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Slightly improved so you can select the bone in iClone and get the same bone selected in the plugin window. Should make it easier to keep track of what bones you use for morphs:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9197680-d734-42d9-8baf-7951.gif

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Did some more tests with basic muscles and poses with the plugin:

Reading This Topic