Iray Promo-Teasers

Posted By TonyDPrime 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
LOL!...Medication, therapy, and Iray !
drbernie
drbernie
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
All of Daz3D's contents now come with IRay textures presets. Will these contents be exportable to IClone will all the IRay specific presets? I think I read somewhere that FBX does not yet handle the PBR texture channels, i.e. roughness and metalicity.

I guess the answer to this question is also a big YES, meaning that only Reallusion developers know,  and they won't tell a thing.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

I'm thinking that it won't be possible to FBX out a Daz Iray MDL material preset into iclone such that it would then be replicated in iClone Iray.
But I don't know.

I do know this, currently you cannot export out a Daz Iray packaged MDL file, which is what I think we would want. Basically what would be a cool thing would be to have the ability to export a MDL mat package from Daz Iray to iClone Iray, with all the PBR goodness.

We will probably have to tweak mats in iClone, out to iClone-Iray. Or do the tweaking in iClone Iray itself.

But you are right. We know very little as to what it will have.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

How long was this up on the site for, don't remember seeing this:

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/production.html
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Most likely came up today, with the release of that video (which we were all notified of today in various ways).

It's a nice placeholder to keep looking.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I noted that the background HDR this time looked to be identically situated to the iClone version, when side-by-side with the iClone version.  
I liked how they showcased the SSS and the separate Tonemapper features, looks like this Iray iteration will be fun to work with, compared to the 3DS Max one, or the Indigo plugin.
It also references that Iray is a paid plugin.  But 'paid' for us will be free, as we are Premium customers....right KT?....Tongue
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
LOL.  Do you want me to make a prediction?  I'm not so sure I can be as accurate as I normally am, since such things as external shaders are something I have almost zero interest in.

But if I *had* to guess I'd say list around $300, with perhaps a discount to bring it to $230 for the release (limited time, perhaps).  Just a SWAG, of course -- could be off by quite a bit.  But I'm not at all interested so my desire to even talk about it is minimal <g> (I just will never use iClone for stills).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, since you put up a number, I'll put one up too.  I'm looking at Octane for Daz @$199, Iray for 3dsMax is $279 (perpetual use, but with only 1 subscription, which is 1 year of updates and bug fixes...after, must renew 'subscription')
And knowing the history of pricing with Faceware and Indigo, I feel like I'm going to go with the Daz Octane #, and say $199, which is close to your guess.  

Reading This Topic