Profile Picture

Blank view port in iclone 7.2 and CC2. Can't use any built in assets. Assets do work in 3DX...

Posted By llewinter 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Blank view port in iclone 7.2 and CC2. Can't use any built in assets....

Author
llewinter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have the newest Nvidea drivers for the Asus 1080ti (Love the card Smile ) and followed tech supports steps to clean the registry, temp and appdata directories. I have the same issues consistently with loading the default or custom projects. I even created a custom project in iclone7 and try to load a built in character asset and it had the same error as my DAZ3D character.

Oddly, It doesn't even display the video for the welcome video, but I hear the audio. The view port is black where the video should display. I am still getting the dreaded "unable to read error" after it tries to render the scene and then it crashes 3 out of 5 some times to the desktop.

The issue is also happening in CC2.  The assets are there and 3DX is working fine. 3DX can read all the assets and avatars correctly. I'm running win10 up to date, have 64 GB ram and an 11GB 1080ti.  My drives are M.2's and they have space.  DX12. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you perhaps running a custom profile for the 1080ti?

If in doubt, please check your Nvidia graphics settings. You can do this by opening the Nvidia Control Panel (right click the desktop). Now check that your iClone profile or general settings are set to the default "Application Controlled". If you have a custom setting in place it may be that you are overriding the iClone graphics causing the blank screen.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

llewinter
llewinter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Hi Peter,
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9c166c4b-55ff-440a-8366-2e4d.png
Thanks for the help.  I set the profile back to application controlled from maxed everything, but no luck Sad   It is still blank then crashes with can't read file error.  I am having the same issue in CC2 with all built in assets and projects too.  3DX is working with all DAZ FBX and iclone 7.2 Avatars.
Edited
6 Years Ago by llewinter
llewinter
llewinter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1cf2536a-18a2-434b-b2a3-3de6.png

Reading This Topic