Profile Picture

IClone Fundamentals Content - Must we buy it?

Posted By grinnbear 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
grinnbear
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I purchased the IClone Fundamentals Training & am working on the create section where you add the building. I installed the content through the downloader supplied and it all installed with the NEW tag at the top. When I added it to the scene, I got the watermarks. Then I remembered I have to use the activation. I ran the one-click activation. The item then changed in the content manager to trial, do we have to purchase this content? I tried installing again with an over-wright, activated again, shut program down, opened and tried again, no luck. Let me know if we have to purchase this content, I can't save any of my exercises until that restriction is taken off.

My PC
====
CPU: 4.00 gigahertz Intel Core i7-6700K
MB: Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133
HD: 2-2TB Western DigitalCaviar Black
VB: EVGA GTX 980
DirectX: 12

"Sure you can trust the government, ask any Indian."
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The files provided with this course contain 2 buildings that you may purchase if you wish, it is however not a requirement - although it makes life a lot easier for the user to have them.

Here are the links to both items in the Content Marketplace - Building 1 and Building 2.  Each one costs 500 DA points.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

@grinbear,

You do not need to learn Blender, or anything else, to follow the course. If you don't wish to purchase the watermarked items you can replace them with 3D Blocks scaled to the size of the buildings. Save each one in your Custom Props folder and use these to follow the course. Delete the original building props from the Project scenes and load your own "buildings", this will remove the watermarks and let you save and render out the projects.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Folks,

I am the tutor for this course.  It was MakinMovies who did the deal with Reallusion to create the course.  Part of that deal was that a series of buildings from City Elements - Volume 1 & 2 and also  some assets from G5 CloneCloth for Chuck & Gwynn would be made available for free to those that bought the course.  You should not have to buy them and if they are watermarked then there is something wrong.  I will check with my contact at MakingMovies who has the direct access to the right people at Reallusion to find out what is going on here.  It was never the intent that these assets would be water marked they were supposed to be part of the course.

grinnbear (5/30/2016)
I purchased the IClone Fundamentals Training & am working on the create section where you add the building. I installed the content through the downloader supplied and it all installed with the NEW tag at the top. When I added it to the scene, I got the watermarks. Then I remembered I have to use the activation. I ran the one-click activation. The item then changed in the content manager to trial, do we have to purchase this content? I tried installing again with an over-wright, activated again, shut program down, opened and tried again, no luck. Let me know if we have to purchase this content, I can't save any of my exercises until that restriction is taken off.

Alan M
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It was very clearly stated on the course product page that some projects contained watermarked content (watermarked only if the user didn't already own the items):

*Notice:
                     Some projects might contain contents from the Content Store, and you may encounter watermarks if you do not own these content. However the watermarks will not affect the project functionalities. If you choose to you may replace the copyright content with your own items, or if you are interested in acquiring these content then you may purchase them from the Reallusion Content Store and the Reallusion Marketplace.
*Remove Watermarks by Purchasing the Content.

This practice has been quite common with RL packs for some time now, it's just their way of squeezing more money from the users.

Gerry

Edited
8 Years Ago by wires
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I will say that I have bought several courses since the late 90's and never had to pay extra for exercise files, although some Lynda.com courses will let you choose not to take the exercise files for a cheaper rate if you're not signed up as a monthly member.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Realtimer (RL)
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hello Everyone, 

We read this post today, and just found out about this misunderstanding. Alan is correct, that the original deal was to offer these assets to all who purchased this course. Originally we had a PM who was in charge of developing this course and running the material negotiations, but that colleague left and during the transition, forgot to inform the new product manager about this detail.

So we apologize for this, and wish to remind everyone that we will soon email a voucher code to all 
the users who bought the iClone Fundamentals Training videos Course so that they can download the Fundamentals Training Resource Pack from their member page.

FYI - this pack includes; 5 props, 4 body bases, and 4 materials that the trainer used during the making of the training videos.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Realtimer (RL)
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Realtimer (RL) (6/4/2016)
Hello Everyone, 

We read this post today, and just found out about this misunderstanding. Alan is correct, that the original deal was to offer these assets to all who purchased this course. Originally we had a PM who was in charge of developing this course and running the material negotiations, but that colleague left and during the transition, forgot to inform the new product manager about this detail.

So we apologize for this, and wish to remind everyone that we will soon email a voucher code to the all users who bought the iClone Fundamentals Training videos Course so that they can download the Fundamentals Training Resource Pack from their member page.

FYI - this pack includes; 5 props, 4 body bases, and 4 materials that the trainer used during the making of the training videos.

Apology excepted Realtimer (RL) thank you! BigGrin

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

davide445
davide445
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I did activate the voucher but didn't find where to download the pack...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
davide445 (6/14/2016)
I did activate the voucher but didn't find where to download the pack...

If you have redeemed the code, go to your Member Account > Order History and there you will find the download link for the "Fundamentals Training Resource Pack". Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic