Synchronizing speech

Posted By TimV 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimV
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
@Mark

Wow.  That is an amazing video.!!!   I think I can handle creating a few different voices.  I know what mic to look for.  I suspect I will get a gaming headset since it looks like the desired features are built in. 

I'm caught on something that seems to me like it should be really easy, but I can't make it cooperate and there isn't anything in the help file that helps.   (sorry, couldn't resist)

I have my voice recorded track in the Viseme of my primary character.  I have a secondary character and I want to copy the track so that they both have the same one to drive the lip-sync. They are the same character at different points in time which I will do by creating a camera for each of them and then select the cameras accordingly in the switcher track.  

Copy and Paste work fine, but it only pastes in the same track it copies from.  Do I have to create a second track with the mic like I did the first one?

Thanks

Tim

There are surely times when it is good to be stubborn.  Knowing when is the gift of experience.

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Not sure if this is what you're asking but of course... you can load the same audio file into two different avatars. Then cut, paste & delete the appropriate segments.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark
TimV
TimV
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Hi Mark

Thanks.  That's not really what I wanted to do.  I wanted to copy the audio track from Avatar1 to Avatar2 so that they both had the same track.  I had recorded my track within IClone6 to add it to Avatar1, so I had no file to add to Avatar2.

Since I posted, I re-did my vocal lip-sync track in Audacity in order to get an actual .wav file.  I then loaded that file into both of the avatars and synced them up.  It worked, and now I have a timing file saved external to IClone6.

I still think there should be a way to copy the Viseme track from avatar1 to avatar2 within IClone6.  Am I being unreasonable or missing out on how to do it?

Thanks,

Tim

There are surely times when it is good to be stubborn.  Knowing when is the gift of experience.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
TimV (5/11/2015)
Hi Mark

Thanks.  That's not really what I wanted to do.  I wanted to copy the audio track from Avatar1 to Avatar2 so that they both had the same track.  I had recorded my track within IClone6 to add it to Avatar1, so I had no file to add to Avatar2.

Since I posted, I re-did my vocal lip-sync track in Audacity in order to get an actual .wav file.  I then loaded that file into both of the avatars and synced them up.  It worked, and now I have a timing file saved external to IClone6.

I still think there should be a way to copy the Viseme track from avatar1 to avatar2 within IClone6.  Am I being unreasonable or missing out on how to do it?

Thanks,

Tim

There is!
It's slightly different, in that there is no collect clip involved, but try this.

Select your speaking avatar.

In the content manager (template or custom), select the animation tab and the "Facial" folder.
Hit the "+" at the bottom of the content manager and it will save the entire track's facial performance and audio to your custom tab.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
@sw00000p
It'll work the same as iC5, and iC4 AFAIK. I'm assuming your just using an animated prop rather than a characterized iClone avatar.

If you would share the model as you've created it, we could probably figure out a whole process faster. The difference will be in setting it up in 3DX, not iClone.

I also think he has it just fine. Remember he's figuring out how to do it so it makes sense for him, and he does not have Max. In fact, he would rather do it iClone, and already has.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
rampa (5/11/2015)
TimV (5/11/2015)
Hi Mark

Thanks,

Tim

There is!
It's slightly different, in that there is no collect clip involved, but try this.

Select your speaking avatar.

In the content manager (template or custom), select the animation tab and the "Facial" folder.
Hit the "+" at the bottom of the content manager and it will save the entire track's facial performance and audio to your custom tab.

You can also save everything as MotionPlus clip. That will include the facial performance and everything else.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TimV
TimV
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks to all for the support and the suggestions.

As stated at the onset, I only ask to be pointed in the right direction.

@rampa

Of course it worked!!!  +2 for my understanding file.  I have two talented singers with functioning lip-syncing that I can live with.  I will have to do some tweaking, but that was always expected.  It's another learning opportunity so I am looking forward to it.

@all

Right now, looking slightly ahead, I think the character movements are going to be a real challenge.  I think I will try poses along the timeline.  The Viseme .wav file is very pronounced and easy to follow for the lyrics, so I will set my poses according to that timing and then look at the facial and other movements to add more detail or transitions.

Further ahead, I'm thinking of two sets in separate areas of the grid, each with their own camera(s).  One set for the past, and one for the present.

Of course, suggestions and ideas are always welcome, especially if I appear to be headed for resource issues or technical aspects that I just can't see yet.

Thanks and best regards,

Tim

Reading This Topic