Profile Picture

Book Of Ruth Progress Report

Posted By KenCoon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Kencoon7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I am considering an option to set up the new computer in the living room. I may take that option today when I get up.
This looks like it may take some time.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Now I am on my son's computer. It is loaded with malware like the netbook.
I moved the WiFi connection from the computer room and it worked in the other room. We live out a bit so there was an external antenna on the box. I couldn't use the external antenna in the other room so I just hooked it in direct. There was a good signal there. (We live in a cement house.)
Now I am thinking about moving it over where my new computer is sitting and trying to connect it there. This is keeping me busy.
There plan to fix my room isn't the greatest but it will put me back into it. It will be sort of like operating from a shed out back with a fan.
As long as i can work there I don't really care as long as the roof doesn't fall in on me.
I will have to give up this computer when my son comes home from school in a few hours. No iClone here.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Plagued by malware again. It only seems to be happening on this forum. I ndownloaded malwarebytes and that didn[t find it. I may have to redo the Netbook just to get things right again.
I wonder if things will ever get back to normal.
they cannot find anyone to fix the rooom until tomorrow.
wait and see.
at least I can do the spreadsheet on here and then transfer it over to my other computer when the room gets fixed. Then I will have to get my printer fixed.
Have a nice day.
KenSmile
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
Ken, is the computer that was in the room where the ceiling caved in safely stored away? Did you try to start it? I have a concern about dust, even though the ceiling missed the computer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am back on the netbook.
I managed to run it for awhile before she told me to get out of the room so they could finish cleaning it up. It seemed to be running okay then.
I couldn't get rid of the malware on the Netbook so I reset it to the day it came from the factory. I will now have to load the programs again.
They are paintimg the ceiling in the room. Later they will seal the cement so it doesn't leak.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Moving stuff back into the room. The computer was the second thing. The WiFi was the first. This is just to check out and see that the new computer is working. Hopefully, things will not break again for awhile so I can catch up financially and also get back to working on the movie.
I will probably be moving things into the room for the rest of the day.
KenSmile
EDIT
the calm quiet day has turned into another nightmare. I was going fine until I set up the old computer. I decided to fix the internet problem that it had so I went to repair the Windows7. that turned into a reinstall windows7 which then shut down the computer to a point where it would not start.
I then installed the Ubuntu disk to run Linux along with Windows and it worked fine until I had it loaded ( about 2 hours) and then I could not get the internet. After about 30 minutes of trying unsuccessfully to set up a WiFi connection I noticed the Internet cable was not plugged in. I plugged it in and went to the wired connection and things worked fine. This took all afternoon.
My eyes are giving out and I am tired. I think I will call it a day. Maybe tomorrow I will be going to Immigrations to get my Icard so I am legal again for another year and a short trip to Starnucks to calm things down.
At least I am back in my room and cannot find anything again.
KenSmile
Where did the quiet life go?????
Edited
9 Years Ago by KenCoon
Kencoon7
Kencoon7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Another day lost. Immigration says to call back Thursday. Bought live boot 2012 and tried to cleanup the old computer. I may have to make it a Linux computer. No iNcline on it.
I am going to try again tomorrow.
Ken
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I've been avoiding asking this question, but here it is... When does typhoon season start?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That isn't for another 6 months or so, however, maybe it will come early this year just for me. I am I am waiting for the rainy season. Then I can see if the ceiling leaks. It goes directly through a cement slab to the outside.Smile
Today I am going to see if I can get the old computer to work right and if I cannot, I am thinking about making it a Linux machine. I wouldn't be able to use iClone on it but I could use blender and a lot of the others that are free. I think Gimp and Anim8or are on there. they also have the Internet and everything else.
I really want to get it back to Windows though.
I keep getting farther from The Book of Ruth. I need tog o back and re read it again and start on it again on this computer. I think God is watching over us through this. We bought the computer just before the other one went bad. It seems He is guiding things for us. The car was the same way.
Better get back to work. Lots of things to do.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Lost the whole day yesterday.
I did manage to find out that the computer is no longer supported by Acer. Several of the drivers are missing.
I have to mention it but, the problem began when I downloaded malwarebytes and ran it. After that I had the internet but always had a small red X on the internet thing at the bottom of the screen that said I didn't have it.
I did managed to find out that the problem is in a grub loader. I tried to overwrite it but don't seem to have the things I need to do that. I would like to completely erase the hard drive but it seems a small part is always reserved and that is where the problem seems to be.
I need to go to the bank today so I won't be on it until after that is finished.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic