Profile Picture

Changing parts in drawing programs gimp, photoshop etc.

Posted By Duncanduncan 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
vidi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
As I understand Vidi says Draw Plus cannot be used for the creation of body parts (and whole bodies) and then imported into CTA

No, I mean you can't modifying swf files in Draw Plus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
To change the parts of a character I export that character from CTA as a SWF file (1 frame in length).
I then use a SWF decompiler (Sothink SWF Decompiler $80) and export the SWF resources (shapes) to svg files which can be edited by Drawplus.
Using a decompiler is a cheaper alternative to buying Adobe Flash.

You do have to import each piece of the character you change individually back into CTA.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
12 Years Ago by jlittle
shantybaba
shantybaba
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for all the input to my query. I want to create my own characters so the Draw Plus route is fine for me.
Cheers,
Shanty
cuppajoes
cuppajoes
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
i have been playing around with CTA waiting for the CTA2. the upgrade although great, character creation hasn't been the easiest. why there isn't support for svg to me is baffling. most of the people purchasing this program have knowledge in drawing and drawing software. what problems arise is which is the best file conversion to use.

The building up of the character has been tedious, because most of the help is for image based cartoons. I have redrawn my character several times in different vector formats, finally converting them to png. The sprite png images are poor because you see the colour seperation from the nose to the face as an example. when you are talking about 8 angles for each part, it can be real time consuming. So...

i really don't want to get DrawPro either since my drawing programs inkscape and gimp works great and are very robust, except here. and i feel a little conned that flash is the vector support but not all of it. So i am getting vector breaking. the help on vector breaking is use png file if all else fails. Now i have to use a competitors software that is more versatile and does animation so i can export images that don't appear correctly or suffer the pixelation of a bitmap file.

Reading This Topic