BIGBOSS SIGGRAPH 2011 DIARY

Posted By Bigboss 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tylerzambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Very exciting stuff! Thanks for the photos aknzrdude!

"I am not a senior anything."
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
a few more shots - my tablet is not the best camera for this environment and lighting - but here's John and BigBoss

and here's Cory Doctorow - sci-fi writer, co founder of Boing Boing - and machinima supporter - his short stories green lighted for machinima

Edited
13 Years Ago by aknzrdude
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
To rampa:

In iClone, there are 2 ways of animating a character. One is to tell the character to move in a given direction. This is when you get sliding feet. The other mode is to drag and drop a motion file onto the character in which case there are generally no sliding feet as long  consecutive motion files are cut at the right character position, i.e, the character starts from the same general posture between motion segments.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! 

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
13 Years Ago by Bigboss
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 54 minutes ago
Thanks. I did discover that. I found that I could edit the speed for the start and stop of the walk cycle in the AML editor as well. This helped considerably. I spent some time creating my own walks, so I am glad to here there is a walk editor. I am especially interested in how the puppets do on stairs and uneven terrain with HumanIK.

Mostly, its just nice when things are easy and seamless, so i can just make my story. I never mange to post up videos of my work because I live way out in the boonies where I only have dial-up. Nearest broadband is 2 hours away.
Cellygon
Cellygon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow, Thanks for sharing! that was all a great read. Wish I was there. haha

----------------------------------------------------------
My latest release for CC

For all my other iClone contents, click here.

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
oh and I gotta share the T Shirt i had made

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for sharing Smile

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
aknzrdude (8/9/2011)
oh and I gotta share the T Shirt i had made

Oooo! I like that!!

BigGrin

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Interesting to note that the kinect capture doesn't account for head movements. Thanks for blogging (or diarying...or foruming or whatever). Any more? Perhaps the physics?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
13 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
PHYSICS:

Mass, bounciness and other physics properties such as if the prop transfer mass or not etc can be applied to Props. These properties are saved with the Prop and IC5 also comes with a series of presets that you can use and apply to existing props such as those settings for a Bouncing ball or a falling apple etc.

It is unclear at the moment if those Physics properties are part of the Dramascript for the prop or not. That would be interesting Smile

But the most exciting thing was a new button on the toolbar to multiply objects. This button does not work for characters but it works for Props and also Props with Physics properties. This is different than copying a new instance of a prop, the group of objects you just created has its own physics properties. This is how you make a pile of barrels that get hit by a Car kind of thing...

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
13 Years Ago by Bigboss

Reading This Topic