Hero Kit

Posted By Paumanok West 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Paumanok West
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I jumped on the SuperHero Vol 1 pack as soon as it appeared late last night.

This morning, I've created a mod kit which converts the Superhero model into an extremely muscular but believable human. Ironically, this guy has more powerful arms than the original!

Unfortunately, at the present time, RL does not support any morph injection file which will change proportions. However, I've copied my avatar proportion settings into a text file, so you can follow along.

The model itself unfortunately had to be hacked in order to cut out the excess trapezius, etc. This means punching holes in the bodysuit and skin. I've patched it up with two primitives as internal shims. This is going to work fine for my purposes, but you need to be aware that this region needs to be covered by something. Use the superhero cape if you want to.

If anyone wants this, I will be happy to upload a zip.

@Reallusion: "Vol 1" implies there will be another product. Please consider creating a nonfreak hero with these proportions! It would be great!

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

I'm getting a significant improvement in my avatar by combining the Superhero upper (adjusted to take the freak proportions out) with the standard lower trousers.

After a great deal of effort, I find I cannot not cleanly modify the cape into the kind of collar I need, and had to construct one from parts made in Organica.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This is the resulting hybrid model. The torso is Superhero, "de-freaked" proportions as described. The lower half is, if I recall correctly, Dylan.

I might add that the virtual shader is a hybrid, too. First I rendered the figure cel shaded, and then I composited it with a second render using the Reallusion spotlight. In the middle of this pipeline, there's the inimitable Cutout filter for simplifying the shapes and colors. Also vector graphics, if that wasn't obvious. Blink

This will be my contribution to a local arts project called "Art in Hand Cards."

Seeker769
Seeker769
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Love the comic style shading!

Looks greatSmile

Chris

iClone training resources  https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic70771-161-1.aspx

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This leads to the first instance of iClone being used to decorate Firefox.

Does everybody know about Firefox Personas?

You can brand the browser with your iClone character!

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just went back and read my post. It's been months, and I had forgotten about it.

It seems my word choice was poor.

"Kit" makes it sound like a lot more dynamic and exciting than I what I really have to offer. The "kit" is nothing more than a text file that lists the altered proportions I applied to the original Superhero avatar.

Note that I don't believe in sharing copyrighted files, and it wouldn't work with files protected by Reallusion's Digital Rights Management, anyway.

Here is the "kit:"

body, head, hands no change
neck 95 130 110
shoulders 75 85 100
upper torso 90 90 100
lower torso 90 85 100
upper arm 100 100 110
thigh 85 80 100
shank 95 85 100
toe 100 80 100
foot 90 90 95
lower arm 100 100 115

axl_299
axl_299
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply!!
power
power
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi:

Thank you very much for publishing your modifications. It looks a lot more natural.

Best Regards!

Smile
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

power (4/1/2010)
Hi:

Thank you very much for publishing your modifications. It looks a lot more natural.

Best Regards!

Smile

You're welcome, Power!

Your message also helped me recall why I was calling my modification "a kit" in the first place. I must have called it "a kit" because it involves an opacity map to cut out the huge trapezius and shoulderblades, after the proportions were altered.

My opacity map holes are not perfect--they left slightly jaggy edges in those parts of the model, but it works out when I toon my render. If anybody wants the opacity map, PM me and I'll e-mail it to you.

So on the subject of a future hero, I'd like to see the kind of proportions I used in the picture above, and more believable traps and shoulders. If that were a product, I would abandon my own modifications and buy it.

Reading This Topic