Create a Face - Hair problem

Posted By Lamias 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lamias
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys, there is a problem in Create a Face that i would like to solve, or at least to hear your opinions on the matter.

So when i use a 2D photo to create a 3D head, the hair of the person in the photo keeps getting in the way, and it appears in the created face. In the screenshot i show precisely what i mean, it's difficult to phrase it with words. Tongue

What is the solution to this problem? I could try finding only photos of bald guys but that doesn't solve the problem when it comes to women, where their hair in the photos is usually long and flowing down their face.

Also, where do you guys find good photos for creating faces? I can only find some mugshots of people but not much, and those few i can find have long hair which creates the problem i mentioned before.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4ba8b093-5f7c-493a-89aa-76a5.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d435f887-5408-462e-a336-330b.jpg

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I usually use a graphics program to get rid of the hair. In iClone the hair itself is an accessory, so you need a bald face.

I have been successful finding faces using Google Images. There are search options so that you get only the face.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Yep, i tried photoshop and it works great!! And thanks for the info on the sites with images!!

The problem i detect though, is the neckline. The line that separates the upper body from the head is seen so clearly, it looks like a fake head!! (Screenshot)

I tried to correct it using the clone stamp tool in photoshop, but the results aren't good. The neckline is eye catching.

Are there any known workarounds for this?

Thanks for the replies!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f9b1bc29-93fc-40f7-9426-9cfc.jpg

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by Lamias
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I usually load the bodies "Upper" image map into Photoshop as well and select the color at the neckline of that Upper map then do a little blending of that color into the Face map so it won't be such an abrupt change from Upper to Face.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
....that method  will help but, in my experience, one can never get it perfect.... but it will be much better hopefully!Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (8/29/2015)
mark (8/29/2015)
....that method  will help but, in my experience, one can never get it perfect.... but it will be much better hopefully!Wink

I agree! I remove this headache by eliminating "Open Edges."
Optimize a One Piece Mesh.
...WELD! and Delete what's not visibleWow

Lol, you are both saying stuff i can't understand. Tongue

I tried both things (smudge tool and clone stamp from the Upper body Neck) and it is somewhat better i think!!

sw00000p what is this process you are referring to? Are those things done inside Iclone or in Photoshop? If it's in Photoshop i could watch a few tutorials to understand how to do it.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for replying guys!!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by Lamias
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow.. Thanks for taking the time to answer me Sw00000p!! It  will take me a year to decode and to understand this post! Maybe i should take it slow indeed.. Tongue

Thank you all for the detailed replies Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by Lamias

Reading This Topic